Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Win XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 Bit

This is a discussion on Win XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 Bit within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, As the topic says, im deciding whether to use Windows XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 bit but cant ...
Page: 1

Hello,

As the topic says, im deciding whether to use Windows XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 bit but cant really decide which one because some people tell me that XP 64 bit is crap and some say that Vista 64 bit is crap... Anyone in here with some experience in that field?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

First tell me why u want to use 64bit version ?

If am on your place i would install vista ultimate sp1 32bit if u have it legit or if u decide to buy it.
    If u dont want to spend money i would go for xp sp3 32bit

Btw 32bit is better cuz there is not so much software's for 64bit version....

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Are you sure there are x64 version of your drivers?
    What will you use x64 for?

Banned

vista ultimate

its vista 64 but works with most 32bit drivers aswell

Im taking a 64 bit OS simply because i got 4gb ram, and a 32bit OS can only show/use 3.25gb Ram. So wanted to hear what peoples thoughts were about Windows Vista ultimate 64 bit and Win XP 64 bit.

Negative and positive sides if you got any

Comp spec's:
    Intel Quad Core Q6600
    4gb Corsair CL4 Ram
    2x Asus 8800GT Sli'd
    Hdd1: 75gb Raptor 10k rpm
    Hdd2: 500gb SATAII
    Hdd3: 500gb SATAII

wawh

32bit vista
    duo core
    3gig ram
    and just a nvidia9500 or some shit, shared sucks
    and around 200gig hard drive or more if you need the space

thats enough for a few years of gaming

no need to spend all those dollars to useless shits

Gosh, no1 on this forum who knows shit bout OS's? you cant get full performance of a comp with 4gb ram in a 32bit OS... I asked in here if ppl had any negative and positive sides of eithe XP 64 bit or Vista 64 bit..

Banned

Ermm dude.. better use 32 bit version.. 64 sucks ass and if you have over 4GB ram it shows you like 2.7~3.65 but actually PC still uses all the 4 GB. Example: If you play some game and your graphic card is 64mb and it hardly runs the game, then the missing part of RAM is used in craphic card indeed of CPU or procressing, so it will run the game. No... it wont give the same number of MBs to the craphic card as the lost RAM number is, but it helps alot

Ermm dude.. better use 32 bit version.. 64 sucks ass and if you have over 4GB ram it shows you like 2.7~3.65 but actually PC still uses all the 4 GB. Example: If you play some game and your graphic card is 64mb and it hardly runs the game, then the missing part of RAM is used in craphic card indeed of CPU or procressing, so it will run the game. No... it wont give the same number of MBs to the craphic card as the lost RAM number is, but it helps alot[/b]
    You dont get any benefit out of the missing rams... They aint used ingame or any other place =), not that i got any problems running any game on highest details, just want the last 800mb ram available so i can use em..

Anyway, anyone got some real positive and negative sides bout 64 Bit XP and vista? any experiences

evilwevel

Pro's 64bit
    It is noticeably faster than the 32 bit version in all areas (perhaps because of better memory management on systems with more than 1GIG of RAM).
    The desktop is faster and all applications seem to start faster.
    Most well known applications run perfectly well on the 64bit version.

Con's 64bit
    Drivers
    Some forward planning is needed as the 64bit version of Vista requires 64bit Vista drivers, unlike the 32bit version where you can in some cases use XP drivers.
    64bit drivers are in some cases primitive compared to the 32bit version.

so unless you are sure you have 64bit drivers for all your hardware i would suggest staying with 32bit, it's not that much slower and 64bit does come with allot of driver problems you won't be able to solve in a few minutes. as long as you're not doing some large database parsing or other calculations, 32bit will do just fine.

TigerTodd

im currently using vista x64 ultimate and have no problems ....yet

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Trust me man, i know from experience, Window's 64bit XP sucks ass...the amount of bugs it has is amazing let alone the amount of files or programs that will not correspond with this kinda package...the only reason you would maybe want 64bit is because you are using DDR 3 RAM but that dont seem to be a problem anymore because you can use Window's SP2 32bit and it works fine..

If your a big program downloader, just try downloading simple programs like certain itunes or Palm programs and it tells you "doest not support 64bit XP version"

mjollner

xp 64bit aint worth it especially with onyl 4 gb of ram, 32 bit reads up to 4 gig as people have said... no point spending the extra money on vista ultimate, just get home premium and wait for the REAL new version of windows in 3 years :P

evilwevel

xp 64bit aint worth it especially with onyl 4 gb of ram, 32 bit reads up to 4 gig as people have said... no point spending the extra money on vista ultimate, just get home premium and wait for the REAL new version of windows in 3 years :P[/b]
    you mights aswell stick to XP then, less problems.

32 bit only support 3.250gb, so want a 64 bit, so i can use the last 800mb ram...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast