Linksys WRTG54G ver 7

This is a discussion on Linksys WRTG54G ver 7 within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok I try here also. I have Linksys router wireless. Connection is not wireless, just router, so connection between router ...
Page: 1

Ok I try here also. I have Linksys router wireless. Connection is not wireless, just router, so connection between router and pc is giving me huge lag spikes on games. It has newest updates etc.

Does anyone know what might cause this? Do I need to open some ports or do some changes on settings? I don't know about Linksys and bad side was when I called my internet provider's tech support, they didn't know either....and they sold me that machine. Any ideas?

hej

You probably dont need to open port, but check log in it and se if you get attacks from the game server.

Allways been so or came now? if it came now then maybe its some windows update, antivirus/software FW update or so.

You probably dont need to open port, but check log in it and se if you get attacks from the game server.

Allways been so or came now? if it came now then maybe its some windows update, antivirus/software FW update or so.[/b]
    Hmmm it's been so since I got the box, but I also got 95% new pc parts too, including xp pro. I am quite sure it's something about router settings, but dunno what...

JustSushi

Linksys WRTG54G Trade for Belkin?? XD

That router is the best i know.. Linksys is a Cisco Homework division... that router have a loot of Frimware b/c is based on Linux and that is GPL OpenSource XD... many ppl make good frimware for that router, maby u Frimware have some problem.. just find other, googleing.
    Mostly frimwares r maked for hackers, and optimized for this or that... some r very powerfull for make a Wireless NODE and others for i Routing and NAT... Just find the best for u.
    Is not a PORT b/c whit a Closed PORT u cant login... spike lag is for a package lost, a big one.

What Antivirus r u using??... Kaspersy make spike lag somethimes... and deactivate AutomaticWindowsUpdate...
    r u using FireWall??... what firewall u use?.. more info wagy... ho, and make a this
    Code:
    ping www.google.com -t
    for 5mins, then Ctr+C and see % of packet lost.

Linksys WRTG54G Trade for Belkin?? XD

That router is the best i know.. Linksys is a Cisco Homework division... that router have a loot of Frimware b/c is based on Linux and that is GPL OpenSource XD... many ppl make good frimware for that router, maby u Frimware have some problem.. just find other, googleing.
    Mostly frimwares r maked for hackers, and optimized for this or that... some r very powerfull for make a Wireless NODE and others for i Routing and NAT... Just find the best for u.
    Is not a PORT b/c whit a Closed PORT u cant login... spike lag is for a package lost, a big one.

What Antivirus r u using??... Kaspersy make spike lag somethimes... and deactivate AutomaticWindowsUpdate...
    r u using FireWall??... what firewall u use?.. more info wagy... ho, and make a this
    Code:
    ping www.google.com -t
    for 5mins, then Ctr+C and see % of packet lost.[/b]
    I did ping 392 package sent 390 received average was 48 m/s.
    I use NOD32 av and I don't use any firewall exept, like you said Linksys is good to keep unwanted people out

Do you still get lag when you plug directy from modem to computer?

Do you still get lag when you plug directy from modem to computer?[/b]
    It's still the same without router, well it kinda wasn't but now something blocks me to play any game at internet. Why they didn't send this thing to Turkey couple years back...This problem came 2 days ago out of nowhere, like I didn't have problems before. I tried without any anti vir, firewall or router and all games didn't allow me to login server. I checked pc for viruses nothing...

Everything else works fine, I can surf in internet....hmmm did my gf find some special bf lock from my pc :huh: