Cannot connect to FTP server

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to FTP server within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Cannot connect to FTP server.Please refer to the homepage for announceme... download.knightonlineworld.com that's the message i get while trying to ...
Page: 1

almost4life1

Default Cannot connect to FTP server

Cannot connect to FTP server.Please refer to the homepage for announceme...

download.knightonlineworld.com

that's the message i get while trying to open the launcher.. any ideas? nothing i've tried has worked..

i got the same error anyone have any ideas?

Banned Senior Member

this is what i get also even thoe i download new game and all the patches

gluestick

same problem, just re-dled it

gluestick

Fixed just had to manual patch!

Banned Senior Member

ok my problem is fixed and this is what i did.

* Download the game
    * Go to knightonline folder
    * Go in to server folder and chack [Version] Files= if its 1848 then you need to download all the patches that come after 1848 so u need 1849---> 1858 (dont download 148 agan)
    * After downloading all the patches move all of them to knightonline folder.( they all should be in order)
    * Now you need to EXTRACT all the patches 1 buy 1 start it from lower number.
    * After you Extract them, you will see the Patch folder on the top or botom so delet them all.( DO NOT DELET THE ONE THAT SAY PATCH #.ZIP only the one that say PATCH# FIle folder...
    this is what it should look like http://img704.imageshack.us/i/knightds.png/
    * Now you need to go in PATCH#.ZIP start from lower patch go in there and bring the files out to knightonline folder.
    * do same thing to all patches 1 by 1
    * at the end also delet the PATCH#.zip since nothing is in there because you bring all the files to knightonline folder...
    * now go on the server and you will see [Version] Files= 1848 or any. change that to latest patch that you download. so just chage the number and when you press X it will say save. yes save it
    * now it will work and this what your knightonline folder should look like.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3541/41115068.png

IF you dont understand PM me or pm me in game and i will help you....
    Last edited by kingoftheworld; 12-28-2010 at 12:29 AM.

booyah360

Use KingofKnight for manual patching works a charm

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

same problem with me
    just manual patched and it worked fine
    k2 sucks :S

Banned Senior Member

yes ko suks they didnt update full cilint this is why it gave problem... the update is from 10/15/2010

almost4life1

yeahh they never really do much right..
    kingofknight yeah found that outt =] workin fine now

im having same problem, going to try if manual patching works from kok
    when u manualing patch it, do u need to download every patch from the patch ur client is on until recent one? and where do u save it to?

Fake_BP

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    im having same problem, going to try if manual patching works from kok
    when u manualing patch it, do u need to download every patch from the patch ur client is on until recent one? and where do u save it to?
    Yes, if your client is 1849, you should download from 1850 to 1858 and you have to save them to your main ko folder where the launcer etc... is located. Then you unpack everything one by one there and when you have to overwrite, just accept. After you have unpacked everything, go to the 'server' file and then at 'Filesnumber) you should change the number to 1858.

Peace.

so i downloaded them all to my main ko folder and it said they were in it when i was downloading it but after when i checked to unpack them, nothing was there

Fake_BP

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    so i downloaded them all to my main ko folder and it said they were in it when i was downloading it but after when i checked to unpack them, nothing was there
    Hmm, strange. Unpack them one by one starting from the lowest number package and end with the highest. Sometimes you won't notice that something is being unpacked because the file is too small. Some files take some seconds to unpack.

I hope it helps.