NEED HELP FAST

This is a discussion on NEED HELP FAST within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Some guy put a post bout solution to this Xtrap solution problem it is a KEylogger can sum1 pls tell ...
Page: 1

dell123

Some guy put a post bout solution to this Xtrap solution problem it is a KEylogger can sum1 pls tell me solutuion to delete Keylogger Pls fast

CallMeNoob

Dont log on ko or say bb to account download
    Kaspersky free trial antivirus the best antivirus
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

venom

every file that isnt confirmed by offizials should be checked with
    virustotal.com

DarkForceTM

Download KeyScrambler, It will Help.
    it will not help u get rid of the virus but keylogger wont be able to get ur info, it will but it will be all scrambled.

DarkForceTM

For more info go https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3383.
    you will need to download Firefox n the add on

cerebus

Thats a browser plugin, it will potentially safely encrypt everything typed in the browser interface safely but will do nothing in any other applications (such as KO, MSN or whatever).

The first thing you should do is remove the lines you added to the hosts file. After that uninstall KO and be sure to delete the entire ko folder and especially any xtrap files. Chances are that you are safe with just that, but you can never be too sure. A scan with Kapersky or NOD32 might be a good idea (antivirus applications with rather good collection of keyloggers) as well adaware or anything like it.

My guess is all that the "keylogger" by the hosts file did, if anything, is collected the info that normally gets sent to the xtrap server. But potentially it could have loaded and installed separate keyloggers onto your computer. And it's very possible those won't be found by any antivirus/spyware tool and that they wont even show up in your processlist. So to re-install the operating system is the only totally safe way.

I removed keylogger with XoftSpySE successfully when Spybot wasnt able to remove it. From my experience XoftSpySE is now one of the best tools - but its not free anymore, maybe some trial is available.