Need to find specifics of this motherboard

This is a discussion on Need to find specifics of this motherboard within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; roomate has an old Dell 0m2035 motherboard in his computer, but he needs to get a dual core processor to ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

roomate has an old Dell 0m2035 motherboard in his computer, but he needs to get a dual core processor to run Age of Conan. I've been trying to see if this style of motherboard can support dualcore or not, dont know if he needs a new motherboard as well for the processor or if we just get a new processor for his computer it should be good to go from there

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

roomate has an old Dell 0m2035 motherboard in his computer, but he needs to get a dual core processor to run Age of Conan. I've been trying to see if this style of motherboard can support dualcore or not, dont know if he needs a new motherboard as well for the processor or if we just get a new processor for his computer it should be good to go from there[/b]
    As far as I know m2035 motherboards only support Prescott CPUs, Pentium 4 Series

Heres the list of what your friends motherboard supports

Intel Pentium 4 (2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, 3.2, and 3.4 for 800 FSB, and 2.4, 2.66, 2.8, and 3.06 for 533 FSB)

So I highly doubt that it'll support Duo Core CPU

EDIT: Just checked Dell's website to make sure and it doesn't mention anything about Duo Core support.

how old exactly?

2 years or more and it wont support dual core Im sure of it