cd/dvd Drives not detected

This is a discussion on cd/dvd Drives not detected within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; my cd/dvd stop reading the disks so i tried updating it by uninstalling it but after i uninstalled it, the ...
Page: 1

my cd/dvd stop reading the disks so i tried updating it by uninstalling it but after i uninstalled it, the cd/dvd drive was un recognized. i have 2 drives 1 for cd/dvd and another drive that writes cd/dvd. its weird because it recognizes the writing drive but the main drive i used doesnt get recognized. the cables are plugged in im not sure it just stopped working.

my cd/dvd stop reading the disks so i tried updating it by uninstalling it but after i uninstalled it, the cd/dvd drive was un recognized. i have 2 drives 1 for cd/dvd and another drive that writes cd/dvd. its weird because it recognizes the writing drive but the main drive i used doesnt get recognized. the cables are plugged in im not sure it just stopped working.[/b]
    Please post the Device Manager info.

Couple things come to mind bar Meeps suggestion

1 - Go into my computer, if the drive is lsited there. Right click on it go to recording tab and select enable cd recording on this drive

2 - Go to device manager - start - run - devmgmt.msc (I think) - select disk management and check your drive if it's says foreign disk or anything like this.

well happened to me once, though it was my fault it happened
    was dell desktop, had pressed the button to open it, and but something was on the way, so it couldn't open fully( something must have gotten jammed cuz of it)
    i called dell customer service saying that it just stopped working with no apparent reason, they fixed for me free of charge

most likely ull have to replace the cd/dvd drive