Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Char Data 99% and Random Freeze and DC

This is a discussion on Char Data 99% and Random Freeze and DC within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ya this sucks. I go to log KO, select my char, and it stops loading at character data 99%, if ...
Page: 1

Banned

Ya this sucks. I go to log KO, select my char, and it stops loading at character data 99%, if i manage to get in the game, about 20mins in i will just get a random freeze for about 20mins then dc. Anyone know wtf this stuff is about and how it can be fixed?

Serve instability...

But that 99% thing happens to me alot ... i have noticed for it to happen for me is whenever im on msn or xfire and i get a message (pop up) it loads to 99% and stays there forver then just shuts down ko... Doesnt happen always but happens alot!

Try Flushing DNS

NeronDomitius

format hdd and reinstall all

Banned

u feel like backing up a 300gb hdd? -.- stupid response if u ask me neron, i know a lot about computers and this has baffled me, and some friends one of which is a pc tech.

G0D

Happends to me aswell!! OMFG it's so annoying...
    Does it start to freeze at 25% then slighty stay's like that but then carries on to load then get stuck at 99%? Mine does

Precision

Flippin I get stuck at 99% also. Flushing didn't work, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Banned

finally fixed, atleast i think, it's worked today all the time i tried to login. all i did was at the startup screen, i clicked options, changed the patch number to 1500, logged game, logged out, changed it back to 1473? or w/e the current patch is, and it has worked ever since. so hopefully it can do the same for you.

SLeePMoDe

A much simpler solution would just be to disable your antivirus while ko is loading. I used to get the 99% dc problem all the time until i turned off my Symantec Auto-Protect

yup me 2 ... its nortons antivirus just disable it and it will run then when ur in game enable it it works

luckyboy

If this is the case, u should add Knighonline.exe to the exception list of the fireware of the antivirus. Then no need to turn off ur security.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

luckyboy knows his shit i gotta say...

go to firewall or whatever.. and make an exception for KO... you could keep it on once you make this exception, i log in so much fkin faster now.. i used to think my computer has its moods on me :P

snipelord

eh i don't advise doing that.. ko website gets hacked a shit load.. you may trust k2 but do you trust some random baba? just turn off auto protect for the 20 seconds it takes to load on nd turn it back on once in game

luckyboy

Actually u r opening a port to the knightonline.exe and if u dont do this u may get lags as he said all the time. For the hacking problem, if u have a good antispyware and firewall they will prevent any attack from the outside. But if someone is using a keylogger in ur pc, it wont be detected and that is how u will be hacked. And for the professional hackers, they can hack ANYTHING u can imagine but first they wont lose their time for a game like KO and they are very rare the ones who use "this method" . Actually normal hackers are just lamers (people thinking they r hacking but they just use programs written by the real hackers). This is another story :P

Guardianse

i happened that to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast