Checking Version and Preparing to Launch Game

This is a discussion on Checking Version and Preparing to Launch Game within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; That's all I get..................Checking Version and Preparing to Launch Game Things I've done: 1) Flushed DNS 2) Used edited Server.ini ...
Page: 1

Athilias

That's all I get..................Checking Version and Preparing to Launch Game

Things I've done:

1) Flushed DNS
    2) Used edited Server.ini file with the 13 separate login servers
    3) Changed patch version in Server.ini to force FTP
    4) Manually downloaded patch 1474 and applied it
    5) Optimised my TCP/IP settings

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I've lost enough prem with these K2 muppets over the last few weeks, it would be nice to actually play this game again.

Thanks

MillionVoices

just press X and do it again

i had it like 3 times with no response.

Athilias

I've been trying that for 2 hours

I hate this - thanks for responding tho

Xtr3m3

after u reinstall the game u restart ur pc

hope that works B)

urbanphoenix

right chris m8 i just had the same problem. what i did 2 sort it was go to your remote website with the router settings on and restart the router from there it works fine then

:slayer:

right chris m8 i just had the same problem. what i did 2 sort it was go to your remote website with the router settings on and restart the router from there it works fine then[/b]
    how>? B)

I fixed it one on one of my comps by deleting xtrap files and downloading latest xtrap version from the stickies

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

same problem here, only didnt try all that u listed...
    in fact im on a vista computer now, and i cant even
    "ipconfig/flushdns" at all, cuz it tells me it requires
    "elevation" -_- have you fixed this problem?
    cause every time i restart or do anything to fix ko
    launcher --> login server failed after like 15 seconds
    for checking version. my last resort is redling usko.

Athilias

Right, I did get it working but honestly have no idea how (at least I can see no logic to it) so I'll tell you the tings I did.

I use NIS 2006 (I know!!!) and took a look at the personal firewall settings for trusted applications. I found the launcher.exe but with a weird name - GS Enigma somthing or other. I didn't like the look of that, so I replaced Launcher.exe with a backup I had from the 1473 patch. Ran it and let NIS auto permit it.

I growled really loudly at my monitor, similar to the original start up screen for USKO

I edited the Server.ini file and took my version back to 1470 and then I started getting FTP errors through the launcher!!

Edited the patch version back to 1474 (remember, I already patch the game from the FTP site) and hey presto, it worked.

If I had to guess, I would say it was the last thing I tried as it's the only thing that makes sense.

GL