Clan Guide - How to Run a Clan Successfully

This is a discussion on Clan Guide - How to Run a Clan Successfully within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This guide gives an overview on what it will take to be a clan leader. You want to run and ...
Page: 1

visi

Default Clan Guide - How to Run a Clan Successfully

This guide gives an overview on what it will take to be a clan leader.

You want to run and lead a successful clan now do you? Well, there are a few important details that you should know. Several online gamers start new clans daily but fail to realize what situation they put themselves in. Few clans survive the first few weeks and even more fail during the months that follow. Most leaders neglect the important aspects of clan leading such as being active in their clan, keeping the clan moving and active, failing to be organized and keeping up with daily activities, and failure to show good leadership. In the end, few clans will survive the hardships.

One of the most important parts of being a clan leader is to be active. When you become a clan leader, it is like starting a job. Just like you show up to work on a daily basis, you must also login to the game daily. Being active is one of the most important ways to show the clan members that you care about them and the clan. It is also an excellent way to show the online community your clan is active.

However, being active is not always enough to keep the clan enthusiastic and ongoing. You will also need to keep the clan motivated and committed. This could mean organizing inside clan tournaments or another type of activity. By keeping your clan active and very involved, people will be more likely to join and stay in the clan. A good trick is to create a warm environment where the players feel welcome and important. In my clan, we used to joke around and have fun doing some strange activities such as, getting our whole clan banned when we all transformed into monsters blocking the visibility of a rival clan who loved to mess with us.

To run a successful clan, you also need to be organized. You will and may need to keep track of members’ emails, tourneys, clan events and other activities that are clan related. For example, keep an up-to-date clan member list on your clan forums. This not only can show the clan that you are informed about every clan development but that you can also keep track of clan related issues such as “boss drops,” which are unique items gained in certain online games.

Leadership is also a very important skill for keeping the clan together. A clan can not function unless there is a strong leader. You need to keep in mind that you will be the one making all the calls and all the clan decisions. You will also take on the tasks of keeping the clan together and dealing with any clan related problems that should arise.
    This could be a member who is constantly bashing the other members of the clan, or a fight over who gets the latest boss drop.

Being a clan leader is not for everyone. For some of us, we may just prefer to be in an active clan as a respected clan member and avoid all aspects of clan leading. But for those who are up to the challenge, there is no greater reward than to see a well organized clan formed and to see it become known as the best at the game

K2

Truth

Missing very important points like mission, objectives and delegating responsabilities. Guess those are on the "organized" part, but its far more important to mention these than useless clan events. Whats the point of the clan? Just have fun or actually be topX? What is the clan focused on? Leader has to do everything?

I never did a single clan event in Blood. I was inactive for months some times cause of my GM duties. How come Blood stood as top1 clan for 1 year? Organization, the point u give 5 lines in your 100 lines post.

Members should know from the start, whats the clan is for? Friends clan to fool arround without any purpose in life that have fun or the mission of being the best? What are the steps to achieve that goal? Get grade3 first or get lvl60 all first or get items first? Is clan leader gonna do ALL important tasks or he is gonna make a little group of his buddies and keep all nice shit for them?

Those are basic things a clan needs to have crystal clear. Fuck events. Leader doesnt even have to be everyday on if u setup a solid organization. Once things are in motion, clan will run like a swiss clock and u will have to check only important issues personally. Your officers will deal with most of the day by day tasks.

Dont do that and clan will be a 1 man effort which eventually will end up with a clan disband. It's a game and its not fun when it turns into a responsability u do alone. Is not just about being strong leader but smart too.

Originally posted by Devile
    bla bla bla
    The great leader has spoken ^^

GlarFist

Default Clan baba plys

Devile is right, most player, especially turks, thinks that clan leader must be Santa Claus, Hoodini, Mother of the Nature, Baba(father), etc. From my experience, one clan must have a CORE. Core of real life friends. Virtual one is option too, but they fall sooner or later. The core IMO is the reason one clan to be strong and organized...

Just my 5 cents

priestish

Default Re: Clan baba plys

Originally posted by GlarFist
    Devile is right, most player, especially turks, thinks that clan leader must be Santa Claus, Hoodini, Mother of the Nature, Baba(father), etc. From my experience, one clan must have a CORE. Core of real life friends. Virtual one is option too, but they fall sooner or later. The core IMO is the reason one clan to be strong and organized...

Just my 5 cents
    Now I can respect you GlarFist.

cRuX

Originally posted by Devile
    Leader doesnt even have to be everyday on if u setup a solid organization. Once things are in motion, clan will run like a swiss clock
    in Beg4Mercy..now GetSome in beramus..our leader was afk for 3 months or more and we were top 10 clan..

Pixiecatt

Default Re: Clan baba plys

Originally posted by GlarFist

Just my 5 cents
    You have a certain point as far as the core. But it doesn't have to be real life friends. Our clan has been together for over a year yet the core group does not know each other in real life. As a matter of fact..the core group consists of people from all over the world.

K2

visi, so they're saying it dont fuking mater if ur afk. take events...

or bascily just do nothing and be afk always.

Arphetic

Expant the article, about what to do as clanleader with voiceservers etc, contact points

and stuff...