Fire Fox

This is a discussion on Fire Fox within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just switched from IE to fire fox. Gona keep using it for a while but...On msn and things like ...
Page: 1

Flay

I just switched from IE to fire fox. Gona keep using it for a while but...On msn and things like that, when i hit the go to mail thing it opens it in IE. Does anyone know how to change? i allready set firefox to default web page opener, if i have shortcut to a site it will use firefox, but how do i make firefox default for msnm?

Hypnos

MSN Messenger specificly calls iexplore.exe. It doesn't care what your default browser is.

It doesn't bother me enough to install any MSN add-ons, but you can do it that way. I just installed IE7. It's much nicer to use than IE6 when I have to read my hotmail.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_..._MSN_Messenger

Flay

hmm cool, i think ill try IE 7.
    thanks

Banned Senior Member

once you go to IE7 theres no turning back to IE6 I believe without reformatting.

I still prefer Firefox 2.0 tho ( it saved our asses while converting the forums with it's "recover session" feature)

Banned

You can uninstall ie7 if you want - even if you're a Firefox fanboi you might as well keep it on since ie6 prolly won't be updated ever again, and since some websites don't work in Firefox ()

Hypnos

For me:
    Opera 9.10 > Firefox 2.0 > IE 7 > IE 6

As far as IE goes, 7 is pretty decent. The interface does take some getting use to.

IE6 will not have anymore patches. If you run Windows Update right now, it will install IE7 by default (recommended, not optional).

once you go to IE7 theres no turning back to IE6 I believe without reformatting.

I still prefer Firefox 2.0 tho ( it saved our asses while converting the forums with it's "recover session" feature)[/b]

I have both 6 and 7, and firefox on my pc..

Because with web development theres numerous issues with all 3, but yeah u can have both 6,7 or uninstall 7 and have 6 etc.. But I dunno if you'll be able to find an install for 6..