Internet Probs.....

This is a discussion on Internet Probs..... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Woke up this morn, internet was fine had no problems with anything. Came home from school for lunch and I ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Internet Probs.....

Woke up this morn, internet was fine had no problems with anything.

Came home from school for lunch and I find it dc/d while I Was gone, no biggie ( it reconnects afterwards ) Load KO, game is lagging. I'm getting 10 second lag all the time so it's pointless to be logged in. Now I cant even load Vent or IRC, it just freezes and times out. After a few restarts, my KO launcher wont even connect to let me into KO. Only things that work is MSN and Firefox ( lagged ). My router/modem doesnt have a restart button on it, maybe just unhook it for awhile while i'm back at school? This is getting gay <_<

Aqu

Turn it off while you're out, always works for me :P

__countess__

Sounds like a DNS problem to me.

MSN uses IP address to connect to server so no need for DNS.

-You either wait for a bit (usually 1 hour max for big providers) to fix the problem.
    -Of course unplug your modem and plug it back in after you wait for 10 secs or smth.
    -You can try use other DNS servers except those your modem got from DHCP, i dunno which country you're in so can't really give you specific DNS Servers.
    -If none of these works, then you could just connect to KO login server using it's IP(oh well, one of them) instead of the domain name. You can do that by editing your Server.ini file in your KO install directory and replace the knlogin.knightonlineworld.com with 207.38.26.7

If none of these works then you better contact CS of your provider, they might need to reset their router on their side, rarely happens, but it does happen.

Originally posted by __countess__
    -You either wait for a bit (usually 1 hour max for big providers) to fix the problem.
    That would be the most possible thing u can do. Normally lags and those comes from ur ISP, and mostly caused by some broken data cable, and these needs a couple hours to fix (depends on ur ISP). There was a time I lagged at day, and doing fine at night, and kept like that for days, I could only download with 1~3kb/s (couldnt do a shit at internet). And then one day after 1 week it fixed by itself. (my ISP actually)

PS: Have u tried download something and see if the speed is below normal, or its just realtime lag?

JudgmentDay

Using NTL by any chance?

if your running zonealarm it tends to slowly shut off all your internet access on a pc 1 by 1