Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The Computer Building Topic

This is a discussion on The Computer Building Topic within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The Mozart is not on either of those sites and its not a standard shaped case, it may confuse some ...
Page: 2

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

The Mozart is not on either of those sites and its not a standard shaped case, it may confuse some of the people who are just learning.[/b]

BLASHPHEMY PWNAGE CASE :lol:

BLASHPHEMY PWNAGE CASE :lol:[/b]
    The case is too different from the tutorial videos.

The case is too different from the tutorial videos. [/b]

btw im pretty sure coolmaster/Evga are paying you to do this. i see to many of the products. coincedence i think not!

evilwevel

btw im pretty sure coolmaster/Evga are paying you to do this. i see to many of the products. coincedence i think not![/b]
    indeed, the Gainward versions of the GTX are good as well :P

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Oh, I&#39;d add a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro to the low budget list, for just a 14$ you get quite the nice cooling system. It&#39;s certainly not the best, but it&#39;s still a really nice set I&#39;d recommend anyone to use, if you don&#39;t plan on OC&#39;ing your CPU to its limits. I was using it for quite some time, on my E8500, (can&#39;t say that enough, E8500 !!!!!!!! I hate you for not putting that one up :<) @ 3,8ghz and its been working like a charm, never had any troubles what-so-ever. The only downside, its hugeeeeeeee, you need alot of space in your case, if you want to make use of it :P

evilwevel

or that standard zalman cpu cooler, goes for about €3.5 i think XD

btw im pretty sure coolmaster/Evga are paying you to do this. i see to many of the products. coincedence i think not![/b]
    I love EVGA products, good warranty/customer service and they are built for people who try to max out their systems performance. I might change it around and have a category showing reccomended brands since some other companies make awesome products too. h34r:

Cooler Master and Antec make some of the best cases to keep a computer chilled, I didn&#39;t really add any Lian-Li cases though. h34r:

evilwevel

Cooler Master and Antec make some of the best cases to keep a computer chilled, I didn&#39;t really add any Lian-Li cases though. h34r:[/b]
    well, lian-li cases might look good and all, but i find it very hard to find a shop that sells them over here. don&#39;t know bout the rest of europe but i think they&#39;re hard to find.

not like coolermasters or antecs, every computer shop sells them :P

I love EVGA products, good warranty/customer service and they are built for people who try to max out their systems performance. I might change it around and have a category showing reccomended brands since some other companies make awesome products too. h34r:

Cooler Master and Antec make some of the best cases to keep a computer chilled, I didn&#39;t really add any Lian-Li cases though. h34r:[/b]

Lian Li Cases are expensive though, but they are Extremely good cases for a High end machines. Also alot of the new ones ive seen popping up around the high end prices seem to be worth the cash.

tbh you need a wider range of some things brand wise. although extremely good post.

Brands ATI card wise. Sapphire are decent. im part of a CS community sponsered by Sapphire h34r: . and i have to say they are extremely decent cards for there prices. something i would suggest. Atomic and Toxic cards definatly.

the job im currently doing invovles me building alot of machines recently for gaming spec. and ive come across alot of weird and wacky combination. i cried last few i built.

Still say EVGA/Coolmaster are paying you though. h34r:

Quick question, whats the low budget, mid budget, high budget range?

Like Low : $1-1.2k
    Mid : 1.3k-3k
    High : 3.1k+

I&#39;m just wondering [/b]
    $500&#39;ish & More (AMD PhenomII or Intel E7400 reccomended)
    $1000&#39;ish
    $1500-2000&#39;ish

Alive

metakock! i need help!

you know where is the best place to order parts in Australia? I tried MYU but that website layout just SUCKS! got really impatient with it...

I went to a computer store the other day, just a plain ol&#39; local one. And they said, unless you know what your doing, don&#39;t build your own computer. Buy a premade one with the 2 year warranty. Because if it fucks up, you blew all your money....

here&#39;s a list of a comp they recommended me (which they had on display)

Amd - Athlon - X2 6000 Dual Core Skt AM2
    Gigabyte GA - MA770-UD3 Motherboard
    OEM 2GB DDR2 800mhz Memory x 2
    LG H22NS 22X DVD Burner - Duel Layer - SATA - Black
    Seagate 500GB - 16MB Cache - 7200.9 - SATA 2 - Hard Drive
    ECS 9600GT - PCE-E - 512MB DDR3 - DVI/ DVI - Video Card
    Hytec 650W Power Supply
    Cooler Master RC334 Elite Mid Tower Case (Black)

(copy pasted it all from the quote)

all this will cost $1044 Aussie Dollars (AUD)

Now he also said, this comp will run all games (except crysis and farcry 2 on the highest possible settings) perfectly.

thoughts? should I tell him to get his finger out of his ass? or should I buy it?

1. Do you know of anyone who can build a computer for you that you&#39;d trust?
    2. Each seperate part of your computer has its own warranty if something fails.
    3. I&#39;l take a quick look for an Aussy website, though I don&#39;t know where to start.
    4. That Computer is worth about $600 AUD (North American Prices Each Part)
    5. Metakock?

You could get the same computer for $300-500 less than that though i&#39;d guess about $300 less since parts cost more down there.

i would go with asus motherboards for optimal overclocking.... gigabytes have been know to fuck up a lot while being overclocked..
    and for alive.. looking quickly at your list i noticed your power supply.. best deal youl get for a pretty good ps would be http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=264...mp;promoid=1025

Alive

1. Do you know of anyone who can build a computer for you that you&#39;d trust?
    2. Each seperate part of your computer has its own warranty if something fails.
    3. I&#39;l take a quick look for an Aussy website, though I don&#39;t know where to start.
    4. That Computer is worth about $600 AUD (North American Prices Each Part)
    5. Metakock?

You could get the same computer for $300-500 less than that though i&#39;d guess about $300 less since parts cost more down there.[/b]
    1. No
    2. what if I connect item A...to item B, and they both fuck up? does that go underwarranty?
    3. a friend just told me Umart, but I can&#39;t seem to find the website, or it&#39;s not loading.
    4. so you reckon it&#39;s worth buying seperatly
    5. Metalkock*

2. what if I connect item A...to item B, and they both fuck up? does that go underwarranty?
    4. so you reckon it&#39;s worth buying seperatly[/b]
    If your gentle then theres no way that it will screw up, the parts are pretty durable but you must be a bit carefull with the CPU. The Tutorials will help you with putting the computer together, there should be instructions for each part to help you if your unsure of what to do.

The power supply is the hardest part during the first time, but basicly "if it fits then it plugs into it" so you&#39;d just have to make sure everything is plugged in and not missing anything but I could help you out through a webcam or something.

Its up to you if you wish to build or buy, i&#39;l list some parts for you that i&#39;d suggest but if you build then just watch out for static. Simply ground yourself by touching a water tap or something (or use those braclets) and try not to cause static, if you think you may have some then touch the tap again and hold in for about 5sec.

http://www.staticice.com.au/ is an Aussy website that will find you the best prices in Australia, but I don&#39;t know much about each site that it directs you too but you have plenty of options.

CPU:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...+550&spos=1

Motherboard:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...UD4P&spos=1

RAM:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...+4gb&spos=1

Graphic Card:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...4850&spos=1
    or (Choose Sapphire Brand)
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...res=1&pos=2

Power Supply:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...res=1&pos=2
    GET THE COOLER MASTER 550W

Computer Case:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...on+5&spos=1

DVD Burner:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...sung&spos=1

Thermal Compound:
    http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...er+5&spos=1

This computer should be roughly $800 AUD and it demolishes that pre-built one for $1050.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    07-06-2023, 05:22 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    06-30-2023, 12:49 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    06-27-2023, 06:11 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    12-30-2022, 06:36 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    10-14-2022, 08:41 AM