Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The Computer Building Topic

This is a discussion on The Computer Building Topic within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; of course they're going to scare you by saying that when you build your computer yourself it's going to blow ...
Page: 3

evilwevel

of course they're going to scare you by saying that when you build your computer yourself it's going to blow up. if you let them do it they get some nice extra cash.

building your own computer is simple, really simple. every piece of hardware (motherboard, cpu, ...) comes with its own manual with pictures and a step by step guide on how to install everything. about 97% of everything only fits into a certain slot, and only in a specific way. if you don't care about hiding your cables so your case looks good on the inside i'd say it should take about 30 mins to completely build your pc (maybe an hour since you'll be reading some parts of the manual the first time).

Hey guys, i just bought all my pieces to build my computer and ive got one major problem, it won't start/beep. The screen does nothing either.

I've tried:
    - Unplugging everything but the CPU, RAM, Keyboard etc..
    - Moving the RAM around
    - Plugging monitor into mobo

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on why it won't BEEP or even start?'

My build (Australia):
    1 x Antec Nine Hundred – Black Ultimate ATX Gaming Case (No PSU)

1 x Corsair VX-550 550W ATX Power Supply

1 x Western Digital Caviar Green Power 640GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA 3Gbs

1 x Pioneer DVR-217 SATA DVD Re-Writer (20x – Black)

1 x Kingston DDR2 4GB PC-6400/800 (2x2GB) CL5 Value Ram

1 x Asus M4A78 AMD Mainboard – 4x DDR2 / 5x Sata Raid / 1x IDE / Gigabit Lan

1 x AMD Phenom II X3 Triple Core 720 2.8GHz 6MB Cache (AM3) – Black Edition

1 x Gigabyte N26OC-896H 576Mhz, GTX260, 896M, DDR3, PCIE2.0, 2xDVI, HDCP, ATX, FAN

Thanks in advance.

Might be a RAM problem, try booting the computer with 1 stick of RAM instead of both at once

Tried Still nothing.

BTW: What is the sound cord called/where? i found where the pins are.. Im guessing that's a problem?

The only ones are Hd audio, AC 97, USB, 1394 then the other ones are reset SW, Pwr SW, HDD LED

evilwevel

Tried Still nothing.
    BTW: What is the sound cord called/where? i found where the pins are.. Im guessing that's a problem?

The only ones are Hd audio, AC 97, USB, 1394 then the other ones are reset SW, Pwr SW, HDD LED[/b]
    none of those front IO connections matter when you're talking about starting your computer. i didn't connect most of them since i hate those flashing hdd activity leds.

if you could try making some pictures, i'm guessing you didn't connect some power cable. cause even when you build it the wrong way it would probably still boot or at least make some beep sound.

i gave up.... just going take it into some store tomorrow -.-

Can ya put the total cost of the Low-Mid-High budget comps you prefer?[/b]
    In my topic, its basicly like this but its directed at individual price parts so the price for a full system will vary when choosing from the list. :lol:

Low Budget: $500'ish
    Medium Budget: $1000'ish
    High Performance: $1500'ish

If your talking about complete computers then it all depends on the persons needs. h34r:

HELP MEE :|

What should I do? Get an i7 or an quad core? Asus P5B motherboard, for an i7 I have to get an new one with socket 1366 or what.. Not sure about the quad core. Help me out mate

ATM I have:

Asus P5B motherboard
    Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @2,4 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    4 Gig ram

Not sure about my power suply, I got 650 watt if I got it right, just new so preffer not to replace it lol <.<

HELP MEE :|

What should I do? Get an i7 or an quad core? Asus P5B motherboard, for an i7 I have to get an new one with socket 1366 or what.. Not sure about the quad core. Help me out mate

ATM I have:

Asus P5B motherboard
    Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @2,4 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    4 Gig ram

Not sure about my power suply, I got 650 watt if I got it right, just new so preffer not to replace it lol <.<[/b]
    Theres nothing wrong with your computer but if you ever wan&#39;t to upgrade your CPU (without buying a $200-300 motherboard) then go with the Q9550 but you may not notice any difference other than being short of $200. h34r:

The Q6600 is a very popular CPU for overclockers, if you don&#39;t like it then you could ask somebody whos good with tech to overclock it for you though you might need a new heatsink.

---

If you feel that some of your games are running slowly on max settings at a high resolution, then go to your Nvidia control panel and set the card for Performance with the little scrolling thing that goes left and right.

http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/graphics/i...sta_nvidia1.png

Theres nothing wrong with your computer but if you ever wan&#39;t to upgrade your CPU (without buying a $200-300 motherboard) then go with the Q9550 but you may not notice any difference other than being short of $200. h34r:

The Q6600 is a very popular CPU for overclockers, if you don&#39;t like it then you could ask somebody whos good with tech to overclock it for you though you might need a new heatsink.

---

If you feel that some of your games are running slowly on max settings at a high resolution, then go to your Nvidia control panel and set the card for Performance with the little scrolling thing that goes left and right.

http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/graphics/i...sta_nvidia1.png[/b]
    Well turning it towards performance doesnt change much tho, I got the feeling that my CPU cant handle some games at high settings. I cant use my grahpic cards full power, and I want to be able to play the new games tho!

Well turning it towards performance doesnt change much tho, I got the feeling that my CPU cant handle some games at high settings. I cant use my grahpic cards full power, and I want to be able to play the new games tho![/b]
    Is your CPU at the stock clock speeds(ghz)?

A little overclock would help if you know of anyone who could do it for you, a Q6600 is popular for overclockers which is why its more expensive than some newer Quad CPU&#39;s.

------------

UPDATE

Moved an old post of mine from one topic to this topic as the first post and I modified the part list.

I&#39;l put any video&#39;s of computer hardware on the post, each video will include complete computers within different budgets.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=2499498

I cant overclock it, it had errors at 2,7 ghz allready lol :P

I cant overclock it, it had errors at 2,7 ghz allready lol :P[/b]
    I don&#39;t know how to overclock CPU&#39;s other than i7&#39;s so I won&#39;t be able to help you out too much, but are you giving it enough voltage to be able to clock higher?

Also make sure that you know what your doing because you don&#39;t want to burn out or damage your CPU, if your not very good with overclocking you should get somebody else to do it.

evilwevel

the benefits of overclocking are no way near that of just buying a new cpu. just update to a newer quad or dual core.

the benefits of overclocking are no way near that of just buying a new cpu. just update to a newer quad or dual core.[/b]
    Overclocking won&#39;t cost the person $200-300 to get a newer CPU.

Second Hand CPU&#39;s go for 1/2 to 2/3 the price and are hard to sell if your not known on a tech site with sales.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    07-06-2023, 05:22 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    06-30-2023, 12:49 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    06-27-2023, 06:11 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    12-30-2022, 06:36 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    10-14-2022, 08:41 AM