Computer... Overheating/Loud Noise

This is a discussion on Computer... Overheating/Loud Noise within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; To begin with I know nothing about computers! Alright so my computer... whenever it's on it just makes a terribly ...
Page: 1

Default Computer... Overheating/Loud Noise

To begin with I know nothing about computers!

Alright so my computer... whenever it's on it just makes a terribly loud noise as if the fan or something is working to hard.. or something. I would like some help on how to fix this...

i dont know shit about comps either, but maybe you have a bunch of dust on the inside and you need to get it out.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I had a problem like this. Open up your box and make sure the fan on your video card is running.

what does my video card look like...? :P

if you look at the back of the computer theres the monitor wire. just open the comp and look to c where the monitor wire is connected

Banned

If you know jack shit about what's inside the computer, I strongly suggest not to mess around there :X That stuff is quite fragile.
    If you must, compressed air is your best choice. They come in balloons like air fresheners or whatnot.
    Do not use a vaccuum cleaner-

I did not tell him to mess around inside his PC. I told him to look inside. Totally different. Please do not touch anything in your pc if you are not prepared.

What you are going to do is this:

1) Open up your computer.
    2) There will be a few long slots generally on the bottom of the PC. They have long slots,, and then one short slot. Look for a card liike this http://howtobuycomputer.net/images/videocard.gif. Thats what most stock video cards look like. Regardless, it should look something like that, with the fan sticking out like that.
    3) Turn your PC on. As it starts up, it will cycle through all of your hardware, to test it. The fan on that video card should start moving, and stay moving. If it does not, your fucked.

Liman

clean your pc and fans from dust

wow stop spaming..

@riley, i guess my computer sucks because i didn't see anything that looked like that picture...

i cleaned my comp tho..lots of dust

any1 have an idea at how much a low budget PC would cost?

You could possibly buy a low cost video card, if that is indeed your problem. I'd take it to a pc repair store and see what they think. It's like 30, 40$ for an evaluation.

Meatmow

dude you can pick up new computer for like 300usd. that is pretty low budget as your gonna get.

would i get more out of my money if i tried to make my own computer? cause i'm really tempted right now... my computer is being sooo slow

Building your own PC can be cheaper, but it's quite an undertaking if you aren't familiar with the insides of a pc. What I do when I buy pc's is look around for coupons. Spend like a month looking for a sick ass coupon. Also check tigerdirect refurb/open box deals..and Dell business section normally has good deals.