Computer problem

This is a discussion on Computer problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; every 10 minutes my computer just randomly restarts with no error messages or anything. I first thought it was over ...
Page: 1

every 10 minutes my computer just randomly restarts with no error messages or anything. I first thought it was over heating but the fans seem to be working and i cleaned off what dust was around them and still just restarts randomly sometimes 10 minutes and sometimes like an hour... Any ideas as to why?

prob might be on your memory if the crash happens when u r doing something for example playing/using programs

ok thx ill look into it

Banned

I've had this happen to me once, I fixed it by gettin a new power supply

BoShkE

Your systems shuts down to prevent dmg of overheating fans, you gotta go to BIOS and change the options. I had that also one time a friend mine fixed it cause im not really a geek when it comes down to those things... Anyway i wouldnt recommend you to do it yourself. But you should really get someone to look for you, before you go buying new powersupply....

this problem is not rare it happend to me at my last computer to my freinds it happend too

the reasons that it can happend:

1.something blocking the fan of PC(the main one where u plug power) u put it 2 close to the wall

2.too much that pc can load(2 much programs runing when pc is slow 500hz-1ghz),(clean ur hard disc)

3.chek ur mother board maybe its screwd(like the little thingis that looks like lil can on the MB is got big)

4.chek ur fan on the cpu maybe it needed to be cleand or replaced

5.RAM problem maybe the slots needs to be cleand/replace RAM's

QUESTION:is it blue screens?if it is ur mother board is almost dead replace it

InZane

If your on a laptop, check if your charger's plugged in and working.

sime217

its overheating..
    get a new fan, your old one is most likely too old now.
    download everest free version from www.download.com and run it, check the speed of your fan/computers temperatures. the fan should be running at like 3-5 i think..
    hope that helps, later

ya thanks for the help guys, turns out it was my fans and computer was just over heating... I opened it up and removed about 5 pounds of dust ><

ya thanks for the help guys, turns out it was my fans and computer was just over heating... I opened it up and removed about 5 pounds of dust ><[/b]
    hehehe told ya :P