Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Computer Technical Question.

This is a discussion on Computer Technical Question. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Dark3lf Vacuum-clean your comp, I bet there is tons of dust in it.. Dont ever do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
Page: 2

hej

Originally posted by Dark3lf
    Vacuum-clean your comp, I bet there is tons of dust in it..
    Dont ever do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you dont want to buy a new one)

Use compressed air or so.

Overheat or failing memory.

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

id also suggest testing ure memory

http://www.memtest86.com/

good little program... takes ages to test all ure ram depending how much ram u have... but worth a shot.

evenson

One more question, would over heating video card cause software instability? Because my shitty little 9600 was really hot when i took it out. As for my PSU i could see it failing, its a generic 500 watt that came with my shitty raidmax case.

Theres alot of programs that test, check overclocking forums etc they show u the best tools usually

evenson

Originally posted by Volcanic
    Download motherboard monitor. http://mbm.livewiredev.com/. Make sure you know your board. Install this and start playing games, also download prime 95 to stress test it. Any deviance on power? 6% is enough to cause stability problems. *

Although far less likely to cause problems nowadays, have you got any IRQ conflicts? Open your system properties, and open the device manager, click view and resorces by type. You`ll see IRQs on the list, open that and look for conflicts. Note, intel chipsets share USB and AGP IRQ, and theres nothing you can do except not use those USB ports.

Its most likely your PSU struggling in the recent heat, you need rock solid stability. Hope this helps

Well my computer is running at ~40 degrees celcius, dont think its to hot.

Volcanic

Originally posted by evenson
    One more question, would over heating video card cause software instability? Because my shitty little 9600 was really hot when i took it out. As for my PSU i could see it failing, its a generic 500 watt that came with my shitty raidmax case.
    First lesson, dont use the PSU that comes with the case. They arent worth the metal they are made of. And yes your video card can bring down your system. Most likely though that it will either shut down(crash)or throttle off(black screen). Although GC`s can handle some big temps, lower is better

Inactive Member

Most likely u have busted/leaking electrolytic capacitors on the mobo. Last two computers I've seen having stability issues had problems with caps.

Google up for instructions on how to check/replace them (sry, I'm at work and being lazy :P ).

I hope this helps.

evenson

well something weird is going on, I've been using a CD for a new game for the past.... 2 weeks, and my comps been really shitty within that time, I took the cd out of the drive and havnt crashed/had unstable programs so far... haha -.- if thats all it is im gonna be super pissed.

Banned

Originally posted by evenson
    well something weird is going on, I've been using a CD for a new game for the past.... 2 weeks, and my comps been really shitty within that time, I took the cd out of the drive and havnt crashed/had unstable programs so far... haha -.- if thats all it is im gonna be super pissed.
    If thats not the problem, your mother board is probably getting fried

Aqu

Incidently evenson ya big nub, when you say 'it errors': that error message does ACTUALLY tell you what the problem is. Even in a roundabout windows way.

Try letting us know what it says :P

Uhh, i've been getting a similar problem, but the pc doesnt shut down completely, only the monitor. The pc looks like as if it was idle, the power supply is still on, but nothing else (like the cd/diskete drivers) responds and i have to force a shut down. The monitor behaves as if the pc was shut down though. Kapersky, panda scan and avg say nothing's wrong, and I just replaced my fans and cleaned up.

Originally posted by Goathorns
    Uhh, *i've been getting a similar problem, but the pc doesnt shut down completely, only the monitor. *The pc looks like as if it was idle, the power supply is still on, but nothing else (like the cd/diskete drivers) responds and i have to force a shut down. *The monitor behaves as if the pc was shut down though. *Kapersky, panda scan and avg say nothing's wrong, and I just replaced my fans and cleaned up. *
    That seems like a few possibilitys.

video card (most likely)
    memory
    power supply not giving enough power anymore
    hard drive crashing

keep doing that shit job u got man and get a new pc :P screw nyc

evenson

Anyways, my cd-rw was causing ALL the instability..... Its fucked up. Dont know how or why... but yah.. uzahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12