Computer Techs HELPPPP

This is a discussion on Computer Techs HELPPPP within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i tried to overclock my E2200 a little to far. It wont even boot far enough to boot into the ...
Page: 1

ItsAllStrength

i tried to overclock my E2200 a little to far. It wont even boot far enough to boot into the BIOS so i can clear what i did. i run an EVGA 7050/610i board 3 gigs of ram and window XP SP2 . Thanks -- Keith

evilwevel

try to reset your bios settings.

power down the pc, pull out the cable and press the on button for a while (few seconds).

after that you can do two things :
    • remove the little watch battery that's on your motherboard, wait for a few minutes and place the battery back in your motherboard and re attach the power cable.
    • Find the little jumpers for labeled "reset CMOS" or "reset BIOS". change the jumper from position 2 and 3 to 1 and 2 plug in your computer's cable, restart the computer (will not boot, that's normal). after that pull out the cable again and change the jumper to it's original position. after you've plugged in your cable again it should be reset as well.

(option one is a lot easier isn't it ? )

and last but not least, a picture to show what i mean with watch battery and jumpers :

ItsAllStrength

and i just pull out the battery?

ItsAllStrength

evil you are the shit thanks it works like a charm thanks mate

evilwevel

no problem, quite easy answer since someone else asked exactly the same a few weeks ago

I had to do the same to tryed to overclock my duo core 2,4 to 3,0 but it didnt even start at 2,8