constant disconnections

This is a discussion on constant disconnections within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; k so im on a USB modem which might explain alot as to why im dcing so much but sometimes ...
Page: 1

Freshsock

Default constant disconnections

k so im on a USB modem which might explain alot as to why im dcing so much but sometimes i wont be lagging ingame at all, ill have full bars of reception and even a HSDPA connection and boom...dc
    lately ive been dcing literally every 10 minutes which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating when your trying to do any type of thing on ko..
    simple question is, could there be a hardware problem on my computer or do dc issues solely rely on the performance of my internet?
    eg is going out 2 spend more muny gonna make any difference or will i b wasting my muny if its a problem with my computer in the first place..
    any help would b appreciated
    note: im a sin, not an archer so scrap any ingame bugs that occurr within ko
    thx

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Is it just a DC from KO, or your wireless drops out?

Play in windowed mode for a bit so you can see the network icons in the system tray. If it's the wireless getting dropped, then you might be able to tweak your wireless settings to help prevent that.

Edit: re-read your post... USB modem... should be wired, but then mention of full reception (indicating wireless?) ... HSDPA, that's mobile broadband right? like on a phone ... what kind of connection are you using?

Freshsock

correct, mobile broadband and the reception is indicated when you click on the "3 mobile broadband" symbol in the notification tray
    when its raining i usually get 2 or less bars and on a clear day it might be up to 5 + HSDPA units but my dcs r just as bad...absolutely no lag and then instantly dced from game
    the internet is extremely fragile..starting msn while im ingame will dc me straight away and even if i close everything else in my background (including all the crap thats in windows task manager) the dcs will still continue
    sometimes yes the connection drops out and i have to reconnect (because it doesnt automatically redial when it drops out) but it doesnt do it very often which cant explain a dc from game every 10 minutes..
    ive tried disabling windows firewall and turning off all my antiviruses and other firewalls but still get constant dcs
    thx 4 ur help so far

Let me guess ur playing rogue? u never get dc'd as warrior/priest mage?
    if so u have same problem as me, i use usb modem too I think theyre bit slow so when u use lightfeet Knightonline clients thinks ur speedhacking so it dc's you or tp u back but in like 10 min max ull be dcd however i can play any other classes with no problems at all just getting tped back from time to time specially In moradon/crowded places

Freshsock

hmmm interesting tbh i dont play alot of other classes so according to you if i run round with swift on i wont dc?

yeah try to pk with swift lol

Freshsock

mite reduce my dcs but i still dc when i go afk
    impossible to merch overnight or anything so :S

I havent play rogue for like 2 years now even though im GG rogue but my connection is gay and pking with swift is really lame lah! its kinda ruins the point of rogues so if i were u i wud go warrior/priest/mage