Can't go up the stairs in Ronark Land

This is a discussion on Can't go up the stairs in Ronark Land within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As the title says, I can't go up the stairs in Ronark Land. I have tried walking (press T) forwards, ...
Page: 1

Default Can't go up the stairs in Ronark Land

As the title says, I can't go up the stairs in Ronark Land. I have tried walking (press T) forwards, backwards, diagonally (forwards and backwards). Nothing i have tried works. I have no problems in Moradon going up the stairs at regular speed or even with swift.

The only way i can get past them is a TP from a mage.

Playing in full screen 1920 x 1080 with settings maxed out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

spam everything you can so your frame rate drops
    Welcome to ko

Sad to say but you have too "high" fps for this game xD , i get the same if u try and spam open the map to drop your frames it usually works

Yup, folks above are correct. I always found this issue so absurd that I can't even... idk. Constantly forced to town/died several times because of this shit in cz.

Although that's one of the reasons that the Korean KO and Apex (guess only these two) applied a maximum limit of FPS that you can have. It helps but still doesn't fix the issue entirely.

Basically the issue is that when the game was coded the ground has holes in some areas, which allow the characters to fall through the frames. It's the same trick used when you walk into a corner to pass through walls, rocks or whatever objects. The funny part is that in the old moradon map, el morad lunar valley and some other places the stairs have holes in them as well, or frames that you can fall through. Without a fast computer your character simply skips over the frames and allows you to pass, but with high fps you will fall through. So you have to lower your fps by opening your inventory and other windows, you can also try walking and alt-tabbing out of the game.

That's the best explanation I can give you anyway. Not actually sure if it's accurate, but it makes the most sense considering how it functions in correlation to your fps.

Spam w+s and click on "Click here when characters get stuck." right under where you setup the resolution

Thank you everyone!

Found 2 differnt solutions (at least for me). What I was able to do is:

1)While swifted I had the option screen open. Point to a position beyond the stairs and then spam click the "Click here when characters get stuck" button as i was crossing the stairs.

2) Spam the "M" key on the keyboard (i actually had mine rerouted to an unused button on my mouse) to open up the map and then close it.

Thanks again !!