Problems with KO in Vista

This is a discussion on Problems with KO in Vista within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've seen other topics people having issues with Vista and KO. Basicaly I know this OS really sux, but still ...
Page: 1

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

I've seen other topics people having issues with Vista and KO. Basicaly I know this OS really sux, but still trying to find some help.
    I have 64bit Vista home.

*After pushing start on launcher KO client opens itself, but whole screen goes blank (whole client seems as it was not responding) for about 5 - 15 seconds, before everyithing gets ok again .. This happens every time I am logging and its pretty annoying.
    On my old PC with XP nothing like that was happening and login was much smoother even PC itself was much slower...

*Other thing is when I actually gets to game, game run nice and smooth as you would except from good computer, but then every now and then I am experiencing very strange sometimes pretty long lags, which arent related to my connection, but PC, most probably OS itself.......

Anyone got some clues what to do about it ?

Thanks

Yes, I get the same thing when I start up, Right after I click on the launcher the whole thing goes white for about 3 seconds but then the rest is smooth. I run Vista 32bit. No clue how to fix it. As for the Lag it just might be K2 or depending on what video card you are using the settings for fps might be to high.

In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Yes thats exactly it, but to me it takes while longer. Im absolutely sure its something with Vistas as said on my older and much crappier computer with XPs this wasnt happening and it went straight to game.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

my laptop does the same thing its better if you just dont click during the begging of loading ect,
    so it doesnt just close

Banned

if you have your User Account Control on your vista it may be causing it. Guessing you have vista home basic, you can disable it by

Start-->run--->cmd--->right click command promp background and "run as administrator"---> net user USERNAME /active:no. Just fill in USERNAME with the username of the account you are logged in as.

I've read that the user account control interferes with programs like this even though u have previously granted access. Hope it helps.

No it doesnt since I have it turned off h34r:
    Anyway, thanx anyway, may help to someone else at least..

Banned

Do you maybe have more than 1 PC on the same internet???

Banned

For some reason, my ko wont work on vista anymore, and i never had a hint of trouble... :X

Cassie

I also get a black screen for a few seconds after I click the knight online, even with the skip launcher I get the same issue.

Over all Vista just sucks for games im gonna kick a 100$ soon to go back to XP cause this shit doesn't work for me like XP