Computer Help Plx

This is a discussion on Computer Help Plx within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey all you computer genius's out there I need some help with my computer. First off the computer that I'm ...
Page: 1

ImBackFromTheDead

Hey all you computer genius's out there I need some help with my computer. First off the computer that I'm running is a Gateway that has Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32 Bit, Nvidia (Evga) 8800 GT Overclocked with 512MB, 3GB DDR2 Memory, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, and a 500 GB Hard Drive. Now to address the problem, I recently came back to my house after a long vacation and I found my comp is not working. So the first thing I did was go into bios and restore everything to defaults. That really didn't help anything :S. So then I put in the restoration CD that came with my comp, and If I run my comp on my Integrated graphics Card it runs Ko decent, but when I try to start my comp on my PCI-Express (PEG or w/e) It has all these red dots and stuff everywhere. I have gotten it to work and it lets me run the internet and stuff but when I run KO it gives me a BSOD and after that I can't even start up the comp on the graphics card it goes back to the red dot shit. Hopefully someone can help me.
    Thanks Alot Everyone
    -Secret

Banned

try downloading the latest nvidia drivers for your gfx card

luckyboy

What kind of message do u get ?
    Try to restart ur laptop in safe mode and see if it works.

ImBackFromTheDead

Well I get a BSOD saying 0x00000116, but i did install the newest drivers still doesnt work... And in safe mode it works but i cant do anything to fix it... Btw its a desktop not laptop

Is your GPU fan turning on when you start up the computer?

ImBackFromTheDead

Well I dont know that but when i opened the case yesterday to see if the GPU was in its place fully it was pretty hot, dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Have the side of your case open with a flashlight and look at the GPU fan while the computer is running (don't touch anything inside the computer while its running and plugged in).

If your GPU fan is not working, then thats your problem since this is most likely an overheating problem.

ImBackFromTheDead

KK so the fan on my GPU or the fans in my comp? And do I want to change my settings in bios back to my PCI express card (PEG) or can i tell while I am running on my integrated?

EDIT: The fan is running even when I am on my integrated