Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dam SBC Router

This is a discussion on Dam SBC Router within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sigh.. been almost two weeks ,and my internet been acting fucked up. Getting a new net soon hopefully.. but for ...
Page: 1

Default Dam SBC Router

Sigh.. been almost two weeks ,and my internet been acting fucked up. Getting a new net soon hopefully.. but for now i gotta deal with this. Every night around 9PM Est, my SBC DSL router gives me like a "Local Area Connection Unplugged".. and dcs my net, causing ko to dc as well.. Well i have to reboot the adapter on my comp, and then it comes back up.. The "local network" light on my homeportal kinda dims out and then restores. Well i called up SBC and they said they would run some tests to test my connection.. and they said that i had a perfect connection to the local network, but ffs its still messing up everyyyyy nighttttt at 9PM. Sigh does anyone have an idea to try and fix this? T_T -_-

Trii

dont play at 9pm

Zaria

Hmmm, is it close to your bedtime? Do you parents get disgusted at you on how much you play?

:angry: lol its too bad they dont kno anything about internet : well... the internet control is in MY room lol, so i doubt that they could turn it off.. They wouldnt be able to control it anyways because i Run the house... i tell them when to go to bed :blink:

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Majix
    i rule my house XD i tell them when to go to bed *:unsure:
    :lol:

i wish i could do that

lol dro i editted the post to make myself sound better :wub:

Dro

meh, the original post was funnier :lol:

FINE HOE

Dro

Originally posted by Majix
    FINE HOE
    thats my nigga :wub:

__countess__

What is SBC? Is it a provider? If yes, it has nothing to do with that (propably).
    If it's a specific mark/model of a router it's the first time i've heard about that.

You could check your router settings, maybe there's a restricted time-window for access. In almost all routers you can deny access to all or specific services/ips/ports/protocols at specific times.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, the best way to start is to check what is the default gateway on your PC. (Start -> Run -> ipconfig /all)

After you get the IP of your default gateway, if you're lucky there'll be a web-based setup tool embedded. Try to open an Internet Explorer and type on the address bar: http://ip_of_your_default_gateway e.g http://192.168.0.1 .

If this doesn't work, then you'll prolly have to do it using a CLI. So try to telnet to your router (Start -> Run -> telnet ip_of_your_default_gateway , e.g. telnet 192.168.0.1)

If you still can't figure it out, you could post more details about what router you're using, or just read the manual of your router.

I wish i had access to my router setup >< mother fuckers passworded it

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

reset it, most modem / routers have a reset button...

intense

omg majix i have told u so many times stop masturbating BY the router keep that lubricate where u keep ur goddamn flute book that u use for school -_- ur starting to turn out to be phantoms kid...and if u do keep that lubricate away someone loves to ping u :rollseyes:

Originally posted by Anzac
    reset it, most modem / routers have a reset button...
    Resetting it would loose the config, some complex shit my dads company uses not fuckin around with it
    Although i wanna play C&C gens online and ports arent unblocked for it :'(

Originally posted by __countess__
    What is SBC? Is it a provider? If yes, it has nothing to do with that (propably).
    If it's a specific mark/model of a router it's the first time i've heard about that.

You could check your router settings, maybe there's a restricted time-window for access. In almost all routers you can deny access to all or specific services/ips/ports/protocols at specific times.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, the best way to start is to check what is the default gateway on your PC. (Start -> Run -> ipconfig /all)

After you get the IP of your default gateway, if you're lucky there'll be a web-based setup tool embedded. Try to open an Internet Explorer and type on the address bar: http://ip_of_your_default_gateway e.g http://192.168.0.1 .

If this doesn't work, then you'll prolly have to do it using a CLI. So try to telnet to your router (Start -> Run -> telnet ip_of_your_default_gateway , e.g. telnet 192.168.0.1)

If you still can't figure it out, you could post more details about what router you're using, or just read the manual of your router.
    Thanks countess. Gonna try this out now. I'll see how it works, and post about the results :wub:
    When i called SBC (yes its a provider, stands for Southern Bell Company, they are combined with AT&T now) they had me type the ip into a browser and it brought up my homeportal page... ran some tests and saw that iwas connected well : i dunno :S Well gonna go try now. TY

EDIT: Well i went to the homeportal site and i checked for time settings that might affect teh connection, and i couldnt find any.. Whats odd is that i figured if it pertained to a setting restricting access at a certain time, then it would stop at that time and not continue, but it allows me to connect for like 10-15mins sometimes and it then dcs again. -_-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast