Need some advice

This is a discussion on Need some advice within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Lately my Dell desktop pc at home has been shutting down and not booting back up. After it shuts down, ...
Page: 1

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Lately my Dell desktop pc at home has been shutting down and not booting back up.

After it shuts down, when I try to boot it back up (there are 2 lights on the front, one is yellow and one is green), only one yellow light comes on and I hear the fans kick on high speed immediately, even though the pc isn't booting.

Strangely, after I let it sit for a while and keep trying to boot it up, after several (20+) attempts, it will boot up normally with no errors or blue screens etc..

Some things to consider are:

It's old (2001) - so maybe hard drive or fans are going bad?
    It's summer here (hot 95 F / 35 C and very humid) - so maybe it's overheating?

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or if this is a known issue with a known fix for Dell PCs....

Here's my pc info:

evilwevel

open your case and check the cpu cooler. remove the fan and look for dust between the cooling fins. there's probably a good amount of dust inside. blow it out or use a brush to remove it.

the fans going at 100% is normal during boot. all my fans spin at 100% during boot as well.