DC while afk / merchanting

This is a discussion on DC while afk / merchanting within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yea im getting disconnected each time I got afk for a bit .. its around 1h or so ... its ...
Page: 1

Hostibus

Yea im getting disconnected each time I got afk for a bit .. its around 1h or so ... its fucking annoying to merchant like that =[
    as far as i can see ppl have/had similar problems so ... any ideas bout fixing it ?

sexyrexy

your computer might go into standby or power saving mode and that will basically shut down access to programs to internet or so... so you can go into it and disable that or just put something on an arrow key and turn of your monitor

Shimmy

your computer might go into standby or power saving mode and that will basically shut down access to programs to internet or so... so you can go into it and disable that or just put something on an arrow key and turn of your monitor[/b]
    Thats a good point.

or

If You Have a wireless router some of them are pre-set to "Dial On Demand"

which means when internet access is required it'll dial.

if your inactive for a pro longed time internet turns off.

just an idea.

Hostibus

i forgot to mention that im not newby in computers and wow - no im not getting dc because my internet is off n no - my computer is not going into standby time / not shuting down / everything aprat from KO is working - e.x got merchant in ko and another mmorpg game - ko merchant gets dced / other one is cool looks like KO doesnt like me anymore ;( well i can live with that ;D

same sh1t happens to me last few days. last time i fixed it by reinstalling my routers firmware. now i sign up for ed and dc after 5 min its getting borring

PhantomCurse

guyz i think u use vista, run as admin