Default gateway offline

This is a discussion on Default gateway offline within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I pinged the gateway ip and it couldnt connect (100% packet loss) reset cable and wireless modem, turned off all ...
Page: 1

Zaczaco11

I pinged the gateway ip and it couldnt connect (100% packet loss) reset cable and wireless modem, turned off all my firewalls, reinstalled previous firewalls->cleared logs->then uninstalled, system restored to a month ago (when there was no problem). A week previous to this starting my internet would DC at around 10 pm then again at around 11-1 am, the send light on the cable router would be out until i restarted the modem. gateway offline happened after i installed SP3 but I could find no similar errors with SP3 thru google search...hmmm what else....I can connect to websites and servers but all update servers (trend update, WoW update, MSN, Advertisements, etc) I can only connect to xfire in terms of instant messengers...and umm, system 56k:

Before you start, have you not just knocked the wireless catch or disabled Wireless. Your wireless in bottom right is searching for networks

Anyways, you don't need to black out your router. It's an internal IP range.

- Have you checked lights on the router, what's lit up?
    - Try logging onto the router by it's gateway address, what's the status ?
    - Your on a wireless connection, have you tried wired? (chances are you've lost wireless connection itself)
    - Tried pinging 127.0.0.1?
    - Your droping packets to your router, so your wireless connection isn't stable, what channel are you using, is the router on the latest firmware ?
    - Checked for malware, spyware ?
    - What router model do you use, whose your ISP ?

I'll add more when I think, I could fix it quickly in person just brains too buggered to work out atm.

Zaczaco11

Before you start, have you not just knocked the wireless catch or disabled Wireless. Your wireless in bottom right is searching for networks

Anyways, you don't need to black out your router. It's an internal IP range.

- Have you checked lights on the router, what's lit up?
    everything is how it should be on the routers as far as i can tell, power, wireless is up, internet plugged in..
    - Try logging onto the router by it's gateway address, what's the status ?
    how?
    - Your on a wireless connection, have you tried wired? (chances are you've lost wireless connection itself)
    with other laptops it works just fine.
    - Tried pinging 127.0.0.1?
    yes and it worked, dropped 0%
    - Your droping packets to your router, so your wireless connection isn't stable, what channel are you using, is the router on the latest firmware ?
    im not sure
    - Checked for malware, spyware ?
    yes thru MS specified detector (finds the major ones like conficker Dooms..something and so on...) and used trend antivirus
    - What router model do you use, whose your ISP ?
    Motorolla surfboard, Comcast cable

I'll add more when I think, I could fix it quickly in person just brains too buggered to work out atm.[/b]