what os is best for gaming?

This is a discussion on what os is best for gaming? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ???...
Page: 1

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

???

amcgc

Seeings as the majority of main-stream games are released on Windows....i would suggest windows is the most sensible option.

It is possible to install and run some windows games on Linux platforms, using things such as WINE (which basically emulate a Windows enviroment). Although KO does not work with WINE...so thats obvs not an option :P

Dno enough about Mac OSX to make a judgment, although most games are written for Windows, no?

basically, Windows.

Banned

windows xp pro with sp2 is best i think....

for old games u can use dosbox
    other running perfectly

Cammers91

Seems At The Minute That Windows Xp SP2 Seems To Be More Stable Over Vista

Aba

MOST DEF xp sp2

vista has some nice features but it's much harder to control the chars.

didinino

be amazed but when i installed SP2 i got DC from game in like 2 mins after i login ( u know ... like alot of ppl)

when i un-installed it, the DC was gone...

so wtf no SP2 for me.

Bukowski

I can tell you what not to use--------> Vista

it suxorz

DiplomaticTank

Seems At The Minute That Windows Xp SP2 Seems To Be More Stable Over Vista[/b]
    maybe because microsoft thinks like this.. "bill gates has a certain deadline he wants
    to bring out his new product (vista) so he tells them he wants it by so an so... so when
    time comes they meet the deadline even if the product isnt done. they will add hot fixes
    later, thats why everyone's always gettin that message on the bottom of the screen "windows has updater"
    so its just that vista is full of bugs an shit i wouldnt want to install it onto my laptop yet.
    though i have the cd iso for it and xp pro SP2 i'll stick with sp2 till around next year.
    also i would recommend office 2007. works like a beaut!!! :wub:
    i got office 2007 pro for free from my job :wub: along with windows xp an vista ^_^
    an adobe photoshop 7.0.1 full (just gotta figure out how to use it...

Gr33nDragon

Using linux with windows emulator could be a nice way too for no lag.

Cammers91

Maybe But I Dont Know what Problems You May Encounter

maybe because microsoft thinks like this.. "bill gates has a certain deadline he wants
    to bring out his new product (vista) so he tells them he wants it by so an so... so when
    time comes they meet the deadline even if the product isnt done. they will add hot fixes
    later, thats why everyone's always gettin that message on the bottom of the screen "windows has updater"[/b]
    every new windows have some stability problems and have some bugs , i remember windows95 was better than windows98 till MS released win98 SE, then win98 SE was better than win2000 till MS released win2000 SP1 and later sp2, sp3 and sp4 then win200 sp4 was better than win xp till ms released win xp sp1 and later sp2 , and now xp sp2 is better than win vista till ms release the first service pack then you will see win vista is very stable , i remembered when ms launched win xp the first time, we had the same problem like the one in vista atm, the same problems

Cammers91

Best Bet Is To Get Windows Xp Professional Sp2 Seems To Be Most Reliable

Gr33nDragon

Yes i play on XP, it s working fine...

Except my wireless conection.. disconnecting me every hour.. that's suck in war !