Windows Vista/7 Skill bar

This is a discussion on Windows Vista/7 Skill bar within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've recently upgraded to windows 7 (uses same drivers as vista) and from what I can see the regedit is ...
Page: 1

Banned

I've recently upgraded to windows 7 (uses same drivers as vista) and from what I can see the regedit is the same. I've followed the steps of the XP version to save the skill bar, and it doesn't seem to be working.

I&#39;ve ran regedit as admin, and the only difference I can see thus far is the KO file is located in the system folder rather then the local machine. If any1 knows how to do it, or think they can figure it out, post it pls <3

-64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

why do you need to save your skill bar?

Saving skillbars is not possible any more, they disabled the function an long time ago.

yup, ur skillbar should save itself when u quit the game (unless u get dced)

yup, ur skillbar should save itself when u quit the game (unless u get dced)[/b]
    yep. are you playing a private server or something? lol

this was fixed quite a while ago.

Banned

yep. are you playing a private server or something? lol
    this was fixed quite a while ago.[/b]
    >.< WTF?

I have a sharer, and when he logs, his skill bar appears on mine. there was a fix for this with XP simply by denying values in the registry, but it&#39;s not working with vista/windows 7. Looking for some expert help i guess.

>.< WTF?
    I have a sharer, and when he logs, his skill bar appears on mine. there was a fix for this with XP simply by denying values in the registry, but it&#39;s not working with vista/windows 7. Looking for some expert help i guess.[/b]
    tell him to do it, and you get to keep your skill bars.

Banned

tell him to do it, and you get to keep your skill bars.[/b]

okay, listen. He .reg edited because he&#39;s using XP and when he logs, his skill bar pops up no matter what. If he logs out using [Exit] his skill bar saves on the char and when i log it&#39;s his skill bar.

There is a post about if showing how to do it with XP. I have Vista now and want to know if any1 has figured out a way to deny the values.

ah. i was thinking of the way that we did when it didn&#39;t save period. my way doesnt apply. i c what u mean. (no idea what to do)

Banned

ah. i was thinking of the way that we did when it didn&#39;t save period. my way doesnt apply. i c what u mean. (no idea what to do)[/b]

yah i&#39;ve tried several things and cant seem to configure it right :S gettin pretty hopeless.

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

bump any1 finda fix for the skill bar yet.. i have windows 7 and would like to save my skill bar :O

Banned

i heard it does not show the map knight online at software list

Banned

What I always do, configure your skill bar. Then manually quit the game, by clicking on the ''M'' and then you must press exit. After you've done it, and you relog. You should have saved your skillbar, and it should show up

reg edit still works and it works with windows 7 too (i have win7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    Log on to the server you want to save your skill bar to as you will have to save it to each server you'd like your skill bar to load, per character, not account. Stay in game as you do the following directions;

Start>Run>REGEDIT>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Knig ht Online>Look for your KO account ID name followed by the server you are currently online on (server 1, 2, etc) and followed by _1, _2 or _0. (for example, "Danny123456_ARES1_0" = middle char of the account danny123456 of server ares1)

_0 = Middle char on account
    _1 = Left char on account
    _2 = Right char on account

When you find the right one, right click it and click "Permissions"
    Then click Advanced>Add>Advanced>Find Now>The username you registered to your Windows (for example if I named my computer "DANNY"), there should be 1 head icon beside that user name (not two)>Then click OK and OK again>A new window should open up and check in Deny from Set Value>Click Apply, Yes and click OK until you can close the Registry Editor.

Log off the game normally, some people tp to moradon to make sure it saves but it's unnecessary. When you or your sharer relog, your skill bars will be saved to your computers and no more needing to remake them everytime you log on...

PS - My directions apply to windows xp as that is what I use... gl
    edit: yes it does still work, i've been using it for years