Downloaded a keylogger

This is a discussion on Downloaded a keylogger within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well i was messing around official k2 forums , clicked a suspicious link :/... about 10 min later saw a ...
Page: 1

Banned

well i was messing around official k2 forums , clicked a suspicious link :/...

about 10 min later saw a lil icon for blazing tools keylogger... ran a system restore that didnt work...decided to run adaware SE..

didnt think it would work but it found it... deleted...

now i just want advice on wether i should still run a reformat, or should i trust that it was deleted.

Banned

as i remember i saw u on the myko forums so you are from myko, right? sooo if you have a very good usko character i wont take the risk, just take a reformat, its better than getting scammed on w/e 500$

Banned

as i remember i saw u on the myko forums so you are from myko, right? sooo if you have a very good usko character i wont take the risk, just take a reformat, its better than getting scammed on w/e 500$[/b]
    hmm guess i will :/

but what kind of ghetto keylogger actually gives a lil icon :/
    and yea im from myko

Inactive Member

Reformatting will only take care of the keylogger itself, but that's not enough if any of your data was already sent out to attacker. I'd change all crucial online passwords (banking, paypal, game passes, etc.).

iiason

he's from myko, except it used to be shard +8's xD.

btw, always be cautious. already lost 600 USD worth on usko. and only been here 3month.

Banned

<3 myko

i was co leader to Playboys on xydonis remeber me ? _nikleo_

Banned

<3 myko
    i was co leader to Playboys on xydonis remeber me ? _nikleo_[/b]
    yea i kinda remember u,

yea it was shards +8 till i actually got em lol

Banned

This is why i dont allow links to sites where right when you click the link a open file box opens. In ventrilo.
    And also for rapidshare.

Call me a dick or something but this is exactly what i am trying to prevent.

/open private message -> Change comment Please
    If they dont corporate or they are afk. then ----> /kick - reason - Change comment
    If log in do it again ---> /ban --> want to get unban /PM Eric

I have not banned anyone for this. Thank goodness everyone listens

LadyTorr

Could you please direct me to the offending link in a PM, so I can get rid of it?

its a simple 3step guid what you have to do after DLing a keyloger.

1.) go to your second PC, the PC of a friend and change all your KO-Informations, passwords, secret questions, unseal question, even get a new password for your email adress you registered or even better get a new email adress for your ko-acc.

2.) if you know you have a keyloger you can remove it w/o formating.
    obviously any programm, probably your antivir scanner or firewall noticed you abouth the keyloger so you should get a anti-trojaner scanner from the company of the programm witch noticed you abouth.
    adaware-se is a outdated beginner programm witch just detect old and noob spyware and its hard lost again trojaners and hijackers
    Spybot search & destroy is a nice programm for removing such shits, if you probably download it and scan your pc you need to watch what you delet because it detects simple everything witch is reading anything from your pc, it even marks GameSpy-Arcade as spyware.

3.) fucking learn from it

WhoompThereitis

Do a fast back up then FORMAT

GangstamaN

This better not had been when our acc got hacked. -.-