[GUIDE] Fix to Disconnecting Problem.

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Fix to Disconnecting Problem. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Okay guys I dont know but this is what I did to fix my "diconnecting" problem. Change your IP Address, ...
Page: 1

Jewsus

Okay guys I dont know but this is what I did to fix my "diconnecting" problem.
    Change your IP Address, Im not sure if this will work with a router if it doesnt let me
    know and Ill post my tutorial on changing the ip address with a router. Okay Let me know if
    all goes well.

Note: I've only tested this on Windows XP Home and Pro, so I'm not sure if it'll work with

anything else.

K, on with the guide...

1. Go to Start>Run

2. Type "CMD" or "COMMAND" in the run box. Either one works.

3. Hit OK, and you should now have the MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" without the quotations marks, and hit enter your enter key.

It should look like this-

5. Type "exit", then hit your enter key and you should be out of MSDOS.

6. Go to your control panel.

7. Open up Network Connections.

8. Find your Local Area Connection, right click and select properties

9. Click the General Tab on the top, and then double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

10. Click "Use the following IP address" under the General tab

11. Create an IP address of your own (you have to get a VALID (no, you cannot make it up)

proxy server to use ).

12. Now press your "Tab" key and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section

with default numbers.

13. Make sure you hit OK all the way out and you should now be at the "Local Area

Connection" screen again.

Ta-da. A new IP.

-Jewsus

nice guide, but just wondering lol, whats the disconnecting problem? cuz i get disconnected alot myself and im not sure if its the same situation as you

Jewsus

Lately people have been loggin-in, getting the new menu and going in and click on the server of choice... its says "connecting. please wait." for 13-17 seconds and then goes straight to "disconnected from server" Doesnt even show the character select screen its all over the official KO forums... and I think ive found a temporary fix until K2 actually fixes it.

Jewsus

Sorry for double post found the EDIT button to late... But if this works I need feed-back Ive been working on a fix all day for this.

Ayman4u

Sorry for double post found the EDIT button to late... But if this works I need feed-back Ive been working on a fix all day for this.[/b]
    2late to find out now and servers down T_T

Jewsus

Yeah well when they do come back up... Let me know if it works.

xanarchistx

K2 is fixing this now, Read the Extended Maintnance Post

Jewsus

Yeah, seen it but if you recall I never said, I fixed I said I found something that could fix it "temporarily" sorry if I mis-read your reply.

altru

Very well made post. Thanks abunch for your help!

Jewsus

No problem, glad to be of service.

All you have done there is force the IP instead of retrieving the IP thru DHCP

All you have done there is force the IP instead of retrieving the IP thru DHCP[/b]

Exactly, lol wtf?

Some people will also lose their internet connection, because they're ISP might not allow another IP.

qunix

true coz i lost mine :|

Jewsus

Hey, just sharing what fixed it for me sorry If I hurt anyones feelings.