Any ideas as to why sometimes i lag ?

This is a discussion on Any ideas as to why sometimes i lag ? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am running on Pentium dual core 3GHZ 2.49GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce 6200. Internet speed is around 1mb/s. Game ...
Page: 1

I am running on Pentium dual core 3GHZ 2.49GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce 6200. Internet speed is around 1mb/s. Game runs fine and everything but when im playing for like 45 + min it starts to lag a little and then it just gets worse and worse to the point where its just funny because it sucks so much.

Im thinking i need to reformat PC and try and keep it clean cause it should be running fine on that right ?

Forgot to mention that if i relog ko it still lags, but if i reset the pc its fine untill it all happens again.

evilwevel

sounds like dirt to me, especially dust in your cpu's cooling fins.

open up your case and clean everything out, especially the cpu and graphic card cooler fins and fans.

open up your case and clean everything out, especially the cpu and graphic card cooler fins and fans.[/b]
    I did it and it fucked up a cooler, now my cpu randomly shuts down. On the other side, the lag is gone.

:lol:

evilwevel

I did it and it fucked up a cooler, now my cpu randomly shuts down. On the other side, the lag is gone.

:lol:[/b]
    cpu coolers aren't expensive. €3.5 for a zalman i believe (one of the cheapest models, but it does what it's meant to do.)

:lol:[/b]
    As evil says, CPU coolers aren't expensive at all.

And on the side note.

I will say, your graphics card is...very outdated at best - I would most likely get a new one, If only a agp slot is on your computer eh... You must have a really fucked up motherboard, cause at the time dual cores were coming out, All i've seen is computers able to hold PCI-E video cards instead. They used PCI Express x16 the older ones, the newer ones use PCI Express 2.0 x16 or something like that haha :P.

But yea, if possible tell us what motherboard and all so we can check out.

And also, I must say - How the hell did you fuck up your cooler by blowing it out? Hopefully you used the compressed can of air that tech's often use.

And also, I must say - How the hell did you fuck up your cooler by blowing it out?[/b]
    Blowing air to a fan without locking the blades can damage the ball bearing, maybe it was old, so that little air shock was all needed.

Blowing air to a fan without locking the blades can damage the ball bearing, maybe it was old, so that little air shock was all needed.[/b]
    yea but still lol, I did it for years before locking the blades but yea I guess perhaps. lol.

zrocker0404

I'd say get a new graphics card, i'm nor REAL familiar with Graph cards but that one seems old like the other guy said since they have GeForce 9800 or whatever out now

evilwevel

why not remove the fan ? so you can properly clean the cooling fins. i never use compressed air. a brush is all you need

I'd say get a new graphics card, i'm nor REAL familiar with Graph cards but that one seems old like the other guy said since they have GeForce 9800 or whatever out now [/b]
    their at Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

:P your way out of date bro.

@ Evil
    Yea, You can - But I don't like to take chances lol, My luck is I brush it some shit gets in it and starts a fire on it. [And yes, that's my luck for you summed up] xD

Well i know nothing of computers, the first post is what the computer tells me when im at My PC and do properties and the graph card i know what it is from the device manager or whatever its name is in english. I have no clue what the motherboard is, the first time i saw one was when i opened my pc to try and clean the dirt (which there was like a shitload of it). Today the cooler seems fine no problems at all.

Buying a new cooler aint a problem. My question was if with what i had KO should run fine. Because when i stopped playing around 3 months ago the game run real smooth with lag only when 3 tbl mage parties would nova my ass.

So is a graph card what i need for ko to run smoothly again ?

A friend told me that i need to clean my pc from all its shit and just format it and it should be fine.

evilwevel

if it ran good before i'm sure it will do just as good once you get the dust out.

dust is one of the major things that slows computers down, since a cpu underclocks itself whenever it gets to hot. and it's not always visible if you have a big fan blocking the cooling fins from view.

open up your case and clean everything out, especially the cpu and graphic card cooler fins and fans.[/b]
    +1