Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Failed logging into the Login Server server. (-1)

This is a discussion on Failed logging into the Login Server server. (-1) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This sucks....... Can som1 plz do something i hate playing on my laptop...
Page: 3

BullsEye

This sucks.......
    Can som1 plz do something i hate playing on my laptop

anyone got a solution yet?

if not by this weekend im gunna re-format, needed to anyways,....

Could it be because you have edited TBL's or something in the Windows Registry or hosts file is blocking your connection.

Reformatting your computer would identify this, has anyone reformatted completely. AKA, removing C drive all together and reloading it freshly.

This would determine whether it is a KO problem, or a client problem(user = you).

AgNostoS_

At some times this re-format re-install crap has to stop... I have almost identified what is causing this problem but i cant fix this by my self cause my programming skills are 0 and fixing that whould mean either modification on ko client or a 3rd party tool program. The problem is cause when ko client is hiding it self from process list... now, why some ppl have problem when others not... i dont know...

This solution worked for me, no relapse's anymore:

YES!

I´ve found the demon that caused KO to give me the 10038 error code!!!!

After deinstalling almost every single program on my computer without succes I looked at my desktop itself.

I have a NVidia graphics card installed, so I got that NVidia control panel.

A while back I was playing within that control panel and I turned on the NVidia´s desktop manager.

So, everytime when I press the right mouse button on the desktop screen, I see besides the NVidia control panel also the NVidia desktop manager.

I disabled this manager, and Presto, KO starts again!!
    (and this option also has disappeared from the menu when I press the right mouse button on the desktop).

Hope this is usefull for some out there having the same problem.[/b]
    Taken from the official forum http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=203393.

Note that if your manager is already disabled.. try enabling it.. which worked for me.

AgNostoS_

i only have the (-1) error not the 10038 :/ i updated my graphic card drivers but this didnt help... still waiting k2 to fix this

stisus

ty so much, looks like it works for me aswell

i only have the (-1) error not the 10038 :/ i updated my graphic card drivers but this didnt help... still waiting k2 to fix this[/b]
    I had the same error, -1.. that solution worked for me.

AgNostoS_

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Problem solved!!!!!!!! I had read this in official forum but never thought it could work for me.. :P i saw its for 10038 error and didnt think it whould work but in the end it did :P Took me a while to find that desktop manager (i found it through my control panel) and indeed enabling this manager solved the problem.. ty LolAj for sharing your experience and helping me..

IF anyone is able to tell me how in a more detailed step i would appreciate it... (im shocking with pc's lol)

pm me or post here

(where is my desktop manager?) xP

AgNostoS_

My desktop manager as said was disabled so i enabled it and error fixed.. the way i found desktop manager is: click start on your windows... then go to control panel...
    you will see a lot of icons there.. you prolly know that :P double click on : NVIDIA nview desktop manager on the window that will open click on button Activate and thats it... i dont know if it was neccesary, but after this i restarted my computer.. its not much of a problem anyway..

My desktop manager as said was disabled so i enabled it and error fixed.. the way i found desktop manager is: click start on your windows... then go to control panel...
    you will see a lot of icons there.. you prolly know that :P double click on : NVIDIA nview desktop manager on the window that will open click on button Activate and thats it... i dont know if it was neccesary, but after this i restarted my computer.. its not much of a problem anyway..[/b]
    1 problem...i dont have NVidia, i have an ATI...

if anyone else knows a way round pls hit me up asap or im re-formatting this weekend (needs it anyways) but just incase it doesnt work after re-formatting...

fixed just formatted cause i needed to anyways...

AgNostoS_

nice well ati cards have something similar to the nvidia desktop control panel but not having one of those cards i guess we whouldnt be able to help you..this desktop thing come along with the drivers. no idea though how this whould help ko.... anyways..i had sent 5 tickets to k2 and none of theyr replys was really helpfull, only got help from others facing the same problem with me...

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

i still cant log in :S can som1 add me on msn and explain me this in further detail

[email protected]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast