how to prevent a scam on paypal ???

This is a discussion on how to prevent a scam on paypal ??? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hey... im kinda new using paypal .. i want to know if there is any way or anything to do ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default how to prevent a scam on paypal ???

hey... im kinda new using paypal .. i want to know if there is any way or anything to do about prevent a scammer

i mean ok he gaves me the money .. how can i save it ?.. without get chargeback

thx guys

Banned

as far as i know there is only 1 way...

Make the buyer add this in a note when sending money to you.

"By paying this invoice, you state that you are authorized to use this PayPal account, have already received the service being paid for, and are satisfied completely. As this is an online service, you acknowledge that there is nothing to be shipped and agree to not charge-back."

Banned Senior Member

There is no possible way to block a chargeback.

Having the buyer send the payment as a gift, stating what Riku mentioned, will only work in a paypal dispute, not a chargeback. There's a difference.

Chargebacks are delt directly with your bank, and your bank always wins unless the one who suffers the chargeback fights back legally with proper evidence.

Just log your transactions, take screenshots or videos if you must. But there is no way of blocking a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post

Having the buyer send the payment as a gift, stating what Riku mentioned, will only work in a paypal dispute, not a chargeback. There's a difference.

Chargebacks are delt directly with your bank, and your bank always wins unless the one who suffers the chargeback fights back legally with proper evidence.

Just log your transactions, take screenshots or videos if you must. But there is no way of blocking a chargeback.
    He is correct. If you take the money out of your paypal account before the chargeback occurs, they will debit your account for the money and you will have to pay them back. Best way is to deal with reputable people who have a long history of honest trading. There is NO foolproof way of not being scammed or charged back.

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

Sending as gift is the safer way

Banned

There indeed is no way to prevent a chargeback.
    I once sold a WoW account for 450 euro, got it into my bank. Got charge-back a week later and my paypal balance was -450 euro
    9 months later I got some people from paypal in front of my door if I wanted to pay the 450 euro back =_=

Banned

what about this

ok he send the money

and i quickly put it on another paypal account

should it work ?

Banned

when he charges back both "paypals" will lose the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post

This only happens when u send money via credit card in paypal right?
    I have bank account only and the money i used was only in paypal i did never withdraw money from bank to paypal.

Banned Senior Member

I never keep money in a paypal account, I use paypal as a buffer between the buyer and my bank. Paypal can act as a trusty "middle-man" in transactions.

1. A scammer chargebacks your paypal account $350.00
    2. paypal immediately sends $350.00 to the scammers bank.
    3. paypal takes $350.00 out of your bank for the chargeback

At this point, you need to call your bank and figure out what's going on then take legal action.

As I've said, there's no avoiding possible chargebacks. It's the easiest scam anyone can commit, and the most common. It's such a bitch having to prove every transaction, especially "virtual goods", that most people dont bother. Scammers know this, and use it to their advantage.

That is why, when dealing with games such as Knight Online, you should log everything.

Quote Originally Posted by @ap0str0phe@ View Post
    what about this

ok he send the money

and i quickly put it on another paypal account

should it work ?
    Lol, you have some pretty shady questions.

If you dont want to get a chargeback, use Western Union. With WU, you get the money and it is YOUR responsibility to give the buyer what he payed for (and take SS of the transaction). If you do not, you will surely get permanently banned from here.... most people refuse to use WU because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    as far as i know there is only 1 way...

Make the buyer add this in a note when sending money to you.

"By paying this invoice, you state that you are authorized to use this PayPal account, have already received the service being paid for, and are satisfied completely. As this is an online service, you acknowledge that there is nothing to be shipped and agree to not charge-back."
    this may work for Paypal not approving the chargeback, but if the buyer sent funds through his CC (cc ->paypal->you) he can claim chargeback on his CC which gets back the money from paypal and thus, you getting chargedback by Paypal.
    trust me, paypal would much rather drop you then deal with a CC.

there really is no "safe" way using paypal. Things that can help you decrease the risk:

1. make sure the buyer is confirmed. Scammers don't like putting in real information that can track them. And if they do, well unless they have alot of bank accounts, they'll pretty much run out of accounts to confirm.

2. Use WU. If you are dealing in anything over $200, I would recommend that over anything, the fees will probably cost around $10 depending on country and amount

3. Ask buyer for facebook account/phone number and any legal information that can track him. Scammers don't like that and will decline. Some legit people may not like that either, but it's better being safe than sorry. (make sure facebook account is legit too)

4. Learn to say no. If it's too good to be true, it probably is a scam.

why dont you just get a recipt and then you will beable to get him in big truble if he takes money back because it was sold to you and he charged back and you got in truble so just get a recipt and then you have proof that he payed you the money but make sure its over 200$ or it dont matter because its like writing a check and then bouncing it so then you get in trouble