Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make Ko run better

This is a discussion on Make Ko run better within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well i have pretty old comp, and its shitty game play with Ko its really slow, What would make it ...
Page: 1

Well i have pretty old comp, and its shitty game play with Ko its really slow,

What would make it run better,

More RAM?
    Better graphics card?
    or straight up new computer?

exot

Well i have pretty old comp, and its shitty game play with Ko its really slow,

What would make it run better,

More RAM?
    Better graphics card?
    or straight up new computer?[/b]
    what exactly do you have ?

if you have something like Celeron 350Mhz, RAM or graphics could not help.
    first of all you need minimum 256 MB RAM, processor's minimum is arround 800Mhz-1Ghz and graphics geforce4 (maybe 2 or 3)

Ash

Yeah, what do you have?

Id recommend atleast 512mb Ram, ~p4 2.0 Ghz, and like the poster before me posted, a geforce 4 graphics card for the game to run smoothly

call me a noob :lol:

but is there a way to check my Grahics card/how much RAM i have without opening my computer physicaly ?

Ash

Start -> Run -> type in "dxdiag" without the "", and there you got your system information

well i got 512MB RAM
    graphics card GeForce2 MX/MX 400

is this shit or what?

Ash

It should run fairly ok, just depends on what settings on KO you have, and other things your running on your PC in the background, i suggest that you download ad-aware, spybot search & destroy, update them, scan your comp.
    Dont run msn, ventrilo and other stuff while playing the game, just antivirus and a firewall. Also, try playing with 1024x768 resolution, turn off weapon effects and other special effects, sure, it will look ugly, but it will run smoother.
    Also, when in town(moradon mainly), press "o" to hide names of ppl, that will probobly get you a couple extra fps.

But yeah, id probobly try getting a little better graphics card, and if you got some extra money, one more 512 ram, just make sure you got the right type of graphics card and ram.

What motherboard do you have?

hope that helped

yes it sure did help, but i cant play KO without Vent h34r:

but i dunno were it says motherbord,
    but the processor: AMD, Athlon™ processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.2Ghz

if the processor = motherbord :huh: (i got no idea)

maybe my comp just needs a reformat?

Ash

Download CPU-Z, it gives you a detailed information about your system:
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php (top left side under home, download latest verion).

Yes, a reformat could help, it will clean out old junk files, and probobly make if go a little faster

Also, try defragmenting your harddrive:
    Start -> Program -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Defrag(something like that, i got a non english XP, so im just guessing the names) and press defrag, if you havent done it before, try defragmenting like 2-3 times, it might take a while, but i helps

Sure, use ventrilo, firewall and antivirus, but dont do other things, it will slow down your pc. I got a better pc than you, and sometimes when im on webpages with alot of flash and animation, my ko gets a little laggy

hope that helped

TaDaaa

Here is how to enhance your KO playing experience.

Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs>Remove Knight Online

The world will be a better place, trust me.

im running on a shitter comp than that m8. 512 ram should be fine. u got anti virus or spyware thing running that could be prob

MillionVoices

Most efficent soultion is Buy NEW PC.

Spending $$ on somethnig like that is a waste.

Sk4zI

well ko run on my comp slowly ..
    and i got pretty good computer ..
    Intel pentium 4 cpu 2.80 (2 cpu ) 1GB
    512 RAM
    120 gb
    ATI RADEON 9600 XT 256 mb
    and ko run in my comp pretty shity ,,,
    and i reformat my comp before 2 weeks :S
    what should i do ?

Ki1laH

don't bother with that system. 1.3 ghz processor isn't worth spending money trying to upgrade it.

I played with 1.1ghz processor and 382 mb ram, so you could play...but not very enjoyable a lot of the time.

New pc is the way to go, ram won't make a big diff with that processor IMHO.

Skazi, buy a stick of ram, should do you well.

saga

LOL THIS IS WHAT I GOT: 766 mb RAM, 4 CPU 2.4HGz and guess what i even cant run game without laggs..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast