Few hi-tech questions lol

This is a discussion on Few hi-tech questions lol within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need some help about KO, basically most are simple technical questions that many should have been able to answer. ...
Page: 1

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Thumbs up

I need some help about KO, basically most are simple technical questions that many should have been able to answer. So:

Q1: Vista and KO: How do I make it happen so I don't have to run as administrator each time I wanna run KO. (I know was some command that has to be written there in properties dunno exactly).

Q2: Vista and KO: Is that possible and how, to make KO launcher exception for Vista user account control, so I don't have to allow it each time I run game (without having to turn off UAC)..

Q3: With installing new patch forgotten frontiers, it has installed itself into different directory than old ko was installed at. So now It seem I have KO installed twice. I wonder whether I can uninstall old ko installation at c:\programfiles\knightonline, or is it necessary for running the game ?

Q4: I have few old accounts where only info related to them I have is ID and PW. Is it possible to add them to G1 account and create all other missing info that way. Or secure them any other way ? To some of these accounts I could possibly find email addresses too, not too sure though.

Please only answer if you know what you are talking about, and not useless spamm.

Ty.

ImSoDemon

5. There is a way. But i forget how to do it. Ill ask my friend when hes on msn. Thanx.

mjollner

A1: Right click, go to properties then go to compatibility and check run as admin
    A2: Turn off UAC... seriously.... it is useless, just turn it off, the new release of windows (windows 7) is not even going to have it, know why? coz its useless.... turn it off please
    A3: You should be able to remove the old version, in fact you should have removed it before you installed FF, but eh doesnt matter

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Pandragon
    A1: doesn't work for me, for some reason I cant check "run as administrator" though I see that possibility just cant choose it dunno why. There should be some command which you write there somewhere and it should work..
    A2: I know I have it turned off, coz I find it terribly annoying, though I don't think its quite useless. It helps you to secure your pc.
    A3: I'd like to be sure before I uninstall it, dont wanna end up reinstalling whole thing again.

A1: I dont know this option but I didnt had to do anything, I have windows vista ultimate and I can just start ko without the administrator thing
    A2: http://msmvps.com/blogs/martinzugec/archiv...c-programs.aspx Good luck
    A3: Yes, im sure you can delete it, I did it to

oops double post..

mjollner

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63998-co...t-programs.html
    this site has a walkthrough on how to force a program to run as admin HOWEVER! it does involve registry editing and if you are not careful can cause major issues, however if you follow the steps it will be fine