fps ftw- not...

This is a discussion on fps ftw- not... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well i'm having problem with ma fps for long and idk what to do... and i think it's not only ...
Page: 1

ThePainInside

Default fps ftw- not...

well i'm having problem with ma fps for long and idk what to do... and i think it's not only on online games- not sure about that.
    anyway- this is the staff i did to try fix it, so far.. no good
    a) format
    B) checking if my video card is over heating- not.
    c) reinstalling my drivers.

so what now? i been told that if it's only on online games it might be my isp... but if it's on single player games as well.. what than? what could cause this wierd problem with my fps?
    bah and i forgot to say what's the problem lol Oo - well, i load the game, everything is cool.. having 70 fps like i used to have for 5 sec... bang... 5fps ftw... no matter where..always 5 fps.
    and just for the info- my comp is pretty much new, video card is GeForceFX 6200 Turbo Cache (or w/e that means Oo) 256 mb... and 512 comp ram...
    well idk a lot about computers.. but i know that this video card suppose to handle pretty good ko.. and he sure did... but not anymore ... help pls

p.s- thanx for the help on the other thread i made... i got it fixed

StarBuck

try defragmenting your computer?

start -> all programs -> accesories -> system tools -> disk deframentation

or i found diskkeeper to speed up my pc loads

http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/home.asp?pe=2

(then click trialware)

btw more isp info? do you have to dial up? is it always connected?

hej

Why why why do evryone buy the cheapest=crapyst vga card.

jimfujitsu

your problem occurs because you might have a slightly old machine and not that much ram.Fps'es drop when virtual ram gets filled , at wich kol is very good at.Get more ram or restart aplication .

GoodGun

get it fixed fast faty T_T :wub:

Phosgene

its a problem in ur comp , i play with radeon 9600 pro and its 35-25 fps in all zones , sometimes more sometimes less , depends on occasion .

Originally posted by Phosgene
    its a problem in ur comp , i play with radeon 9600 pro and its 35-25 fps in all zones , sometimes more sometimes less , depends on occasion .
    Im with Athlon 64 3200+ 1024mb ram 256mb radeon x1300 and i get 80 fps in cz :mellow:

CrusAd3R

turbocache :X
    it might be overheat.