frames problem

This is a discussion on frames problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, currenly Im playing on a private server and I have really low fps (9-12) and because of that I ...
Page: 1

macheco

Question frames problem

Hello, currenly Im playing on a private server and I have really low fps (9-12) and because of that I cant double minor more than 15 hits per soul at top speed... so I kind lose all the vs.

I have the following stuff:
    • Toshiba laptop with intel dual core
    • 2 GHz, 4gb ram
    • Vista home premium 64 bits (:/)
    • Mobile Inter 965 Express Chipset Family or GMA X3100 or Intel GM 965(I dont know much about this) with 358mb of graphic memory.
    • A monitor of 60Hz top
    • An ADSL conection with currenly 100 Mbps (12,5 MB/sec)
    • 73ms ping, 0,75 mb/s download speed and 0,09 mb/s upload speed
    Dunno if I need to mention anything else.. dont know much about this kind of things..

Well, anyway, Ive tried everything. here:
    • Download and install ToneUp Utilities, running turbo mode.
    • Upgrade my drivers
    • Download and instal Game Booster
    • Same with Ashampoo Internet acceleratior 3
    • And with SP TCP optimizer
    • Set the lowest game options
    Iīm tired of being owned cause Iīm actually better than this (on my old XP computer). Iīm thinking in the graphic card.. cause I donīt know nothing about this and I think the other stuff are find.

Help plz. (dunno if it helps u to help me, but cs 1.6 runs with about 40-60 fps not online).

/macheco
    Last edited by macheco; 02-16-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Now I think it should go on private server tech support

Banned

It is probably ur graphic card.. 338 mb onboard graphic card kind of sux..:P
    It may be the connection of ur pricate server?? tell me the name and I will check if it laggs

macheco

I donīt think is the private server but anyway.. the name is true ko also knowing as waryna knight online. Has just started recently.
    But itīs probably the card, especially if u say that 338mb is crappy.. should get an ATI or Nvdia, I think..

Banned

Nvidea gtx card ^^
    I will try to see if it lags me..
    I'll let you know

well it depends
    if its 356 dedicated video ram than it shud be good enoufh for ko
    but if its shared then yehh it sux.

ati or nvidia?
    i would go for ati
    just because they are cheaper compared to nividia
    a 150$ ati card will rock a nividia 150$ one

but before u go out and make any purchases
    first check if your laptops video card is upgradeable
    some laptops dont have an upgradeable gpu system
    also if it is upgradeable
    make sure u buy the laptop version of whatever video card u choose.

the most important reason for that is that you have an onboard graphic card, they are always crappy and should be used for office/browsing/watching movies (at least intel's). it can have even 10GB memory on it but it's crappy and it will utilize maybe 100mb either way
    i dunno if you can buy graphic card for laptop, but if yes i suggest HD4650 512mb(it won't utilize 1gb) gddr3(there is gddr2 version, less recommended). at least where i live its very cheap compared to it's performance, and uses low power.
    Vista might be a problem too, iv'e heard it decreases performance on games. if you can get win7 free or very cheap i suggest u to try it on the 64bit edition. if you can only buy it for full price stick with the vista, it won't be any big diff anyway if at all prolly.
    Last edited by ThanksMor; 02-20-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Zeljko99

u gona have to get a graphics card

get new graphics card ftw

Banned

Try such program as alternative: Battle Encoder Shirase. Its freeware as well.