Fraps!

This is a discussion on Fraps! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well lately I've been thinking about turning COD4 movies so I can show my skills (Lol) . The thing is, ...
Page: 1

Banned

Thumbs down

Well lately I've been thinking about turning COD4 movies so I can show my skills (Lol) . The thing is, the quality sucks and everytime I turn it on, it starts lagging like shit (When I press F12 in KO). So yeah, my question is ; is there anyway to have a better quality/less lag while turning movies?
    Would be sweet if I could get help cause I'm seriously pissed at my slow computer :angry: :P

Ty

Trialmoderator6

I use NVidia preferences set at Highest Performance, not Highest Quality. That setting helped me by a lot, I use GeForce 8800 GT dual video cards, so it's quite easy to get nice FPS. When you say lag, are you referring to short spikes or 1 full second freezing and back to normal type of lags? Also on Fraps settings, just keep your FPS set at 30, it's the requirement to post HD videos on YouTube (29.97 fps) + certain resolution like 1440 x +. Hope it can help.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Uh, doesn't COD4 run on the quake engine? And even if not, you can always record demos (using the ingame built in feature) that doesn't lag you at all and later on record from those DEMOS using fraps, or even the built in avi capturing. Why would anyone ever record in a FPS while playing?

Banned

I use NVidia preferences set at Highest Performance, not Highest Quality. That setting helped me by a lot, I use GeForce 8800 GT dual video cards, so it's quite easy to get nice FPS. When you say lag, are you referring to short spikes or 1 full second freezing and back to normal type of lags? Also on Fraps settings, just keep your FPS set at 30, it's the requirement to post HD videos on YouTube (29.97 fps) + certain resolution like 1440 x +. Hope it can help.[/b]
    When I mean lags....and quality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odDAN70lcvc...re=channel_page

Quickly did that just to show you.

As for my video card, couldnt say what it is lol. Where can I see whats its performance?

Trialmoderator6

Start>RUN>dxdiag>Display.

Banned

224.0 MB...could that be it? Not too sure cause its in french.

Trialmoderator6

Need a new graphics card imo, maybe even a new PC >.<

Banned