Fraps help

This is a discussion on Fraps help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; When i use fraps to record my gameplay why are the files so big : s like a 60 second ...
Page: 1

steroids

Default Fraps help

When i use fraps to record my gameplay why are the files so big : s
    like a 60 second video is like 800 MB. I see on youtube pk videos with good video quality thats like 8 mins long. How can i make the file size smaller while keeping the Video quality and music

I think fraps record into a non-compressed video format by default. You need a video editor software to make it smaller.

Banned

You can play with the settings.
    For example you can use half quality, but it doesn't record with good quality then.

Try playing around with FPS. The less FPS the smaller the video is. You need big fps if you want to make some really smooth and nice looking slowmotion clip, otherwise 30-40fps should be fine. You can also check out the Salmin's HD tutorial, you can learn how to convert your video into very small size, but with HD quality

I use 100fps and 60sec clips are over some gigabytes, but i have a space to play around so it's fine for me.