Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Free virus programs.

This is a discussion on Free virus programs. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; AVG is free and it's a good anti virus. You can load it free at download.com (cnet).[/b] yea i use ...
Page: 2

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

AVG is free and it's a good anti virus. You can load it free at download.com (cnet).[/b]
    yea i use avg atm but it doenst catch malware

yea i use avg atm but it doenst catch malware [/b]

I use adaware and spybot search and destroy, both do the job and are free.

lil_mageskillz

I use adaware and spybot search and destroy, both do the job and are free.[/b]
    i use both those also. never had a problem with them, works great.

get nod 32, and scan PC in <...> i dont know how to say it lol ... but when u start pc press F8 and select something like mode breakdown or something like this ... and now open nod and scan pc

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

well lately i downloaded a virus. ( yes again ) and my pc is trippin like hell.
    atm im scanning with avg and spybot but my computers says I need to dl something like AntiVirus 2009. saying it is free but when it scanned i cannot delete it or something unless I purchase it. so thats why I dont trust it and uninstalled it again.

It pop ups everywhere saying I have to dl.

My question is: What good programs are out there for free? I have avg and Spybot already.[/b]

i got that shbit not long ago more like last week.

my freind installed it cuz he ius a jackass that doesnt know how to use comps.

so anyways

i ran scan with spybot sd

and avast

it took out no problem

mjollner

get nod 32, and scan PC in <...> i dont know how to say it lol ... but when u start pc press F8 and select something like mode breakdown or something like this ... and now open nod and scan pc[/b]
    safe mode is what you are trying to say :P and thats not a bad idea, safe mode virus scans often pick up virus&#39;s that wont be picked up normally

Strike

i had the 2008 version of this trojan a lil while ago on my lil bro&#39;s pc. you need to first make sure spybot is up to date with all the latest patches. then dissconnect your pc from the net before proceeding. restart your pc in safe mode and choose the WITHOUT NETWORKING option. that&#39;s key as this thing tends to re-download itself faster than most anit programs can keep up with. run spybot and see if it finds all the crap that it&#39;s downloaded onto your pc. then run any other removale tool you got to make sure it&#39;s gone.

Ahh I was thinkin it dl itsellf cus when I run malware it catches 7-8 then when deleting it says cannot delete blabla and it will do on restart and then day after it catches em again..

Btw spybot cant connect or something?

Strike

spybot may be out of date depending on what version you got but it doesn&#39;t matter.
    do the same thing i mentioned above and use the program that is detecting it. take a look at what files its deleting to make sure it got rid of the downloader and if you find that it can not delete certain files, write them down with the exact path name and manually delete them.

i think it got rid of it now. not sure cus it probably pop up tomorrow again :/

NoD32

NOD32 is shit imo. Avast / Comodo ftw

Get a decent antivirus and firewall, then just make sure adaware / spybot are updated and run a scan > repair problem sorted[/b]
    Its only shit if you don&#39;t know how to use it right. Its the most powerful and always up to date.

mjollner

Its only shit if you don&#39;t know how to use it right. Its the most powerful and always up to date.[/b]
    no bias at all? :P

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Its only shit if you don&#39;t know how to use it right. Its the most powerful and always up to date.[/b]
    Tell us how to use it then, coz I have nod32. All been well till I got some trojan which nod could not even detect. Maybe just an exceptional case or there is something I dont know about using nod ?

no bias at all? :P[/b]
    wonder wtf ur saying

Deviouspro

io had this
    reformatted

You don&#39;t generally need to pay to get a good antivirus. I use Avast Home Edition, Comodo Firewall, Spyboy and Adaware and it&#39;s rock solid. Never had any problems yet.

I&#39;m upgrading to Avast Pro buying a license when I build my new PC because I like the software that damn much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12