Playing KO with sattilite internet?

This is a discussion on Playing KO with sattilite internet? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i recently moved to the woods and theyy do not have dsl there i was wondering if sattilite internet would ...
Page: 1

wendolyn1987

i recently moved to the woods and theyy do not have dsl there i was wondering if sattilite internet would work or if anyone plays KO on sattilite internet and has an opinion i appriciate all input

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Satellite connection is OK for web surfing and downloading; however, when it comes to online gaming you may suffer...

Banned

you may suffer...[/b]
    Edit: you WILL suffer.

Current Satellite internet technology still resembles that of a "live news coverage via satellite". That 3 or 4 second pause between the anchors question and the reporters answer, you'll see that on any kind of live gaming environment.

It certainly trumps dialup in terms of web browsing and you can get some decent up/down speeds, however, those speeds are taking into account of that couple of seconds it takes to initialize.

evilwevel

i don't think you'll get to the part where you could be suffering. if you lose the connection with the server it disconnects you. i would be surprised if you made it past the character select screen.

only serial killers, crazy people, and lumberjacks live in woods..

Dsl is for chumps anyways, Cable / Fiber Optics ftw.

wendolyn1987

only serial killers, crazy people, and lumberjacks live in woods..[/b]

WoW what an accurate depiction im all 3 .....LOL...thnks for the input guys fuck a sattiite internet

Sattilite is fine to play ko i used it for like 6months, the only bad part about it is there have a usage policy which is ridiculous u only have a certain about of megabytes per month. its called Fair Access Policies For Satellite Internet.

The term "Fair Access Policy" originated with HughesNet and has since been adopted by all major satellite Internet providers. Sometimes included within their "Acceptable Use" guidelines, what these policies do is limit the total megabytes of data that a single account can download in a 24-hour period. If you exceed the threshold, your download speeds are reduced for some period of time -- a day, a week, or even longer.

thats the reason why i switch cause i would dl way to much shit and once u go over your limit you basically have dailup speeds

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

once u go over your limit you basically have dailup speeds[/b]
    or no internet

dsl is better than cable if u live in a huge neighborhood since dsl speed will always be the same
    cable is WAY better if u live in smaller neighborhood with no one around u since ur speed on cable depends on how many poeple around u r using the internet at the time. so if everyone is using internet cable will be very slow compared to dsl, but if ur only one on and ur neighbors arent, it will be insanly fast

dsl is constant speed no matter wut but cable tends to be faster

only serial killers, crazy people, and lumberjacks live in woods..[/b]
    made me lol

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

dsl is better than cable if u live in a huge neighborhood since dsl speed will always be the same
    cable is WAY better if u live in smaller neighborhood with no one around u since ur speed on cable depends on how many poeple around u r using the internet at the time. so if everyone is using internet cable will be very slow compared to dsl, but if ur only one on and ur neighbors arent, it will be insanly fast

dsl is constant speed no matter wut but cable tends to be faster[/b]
    unless you live in a place like new york and you want cable. you should get dsl. otherwise, majority should get cable..