This computer anygood for the price? O_o

This is a discussion on This computer anygood for the price? O_o within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Edit See Below if Willing To Help...
Page: 1

D4rkBP

Edit

See Below if Willing To Help

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

this prob should go in offtopic

You could use ebay, it just costs an extra $10 or so for shipping them.

or even a cheaper laptop?[/b]
    you need a laptop GPU and not one for a desktop?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

umm afaik u cant upgrade laptop graphic cards because they arent cards theyre onboard chips...

D4rkBP

I was thinking of either putting it here or off topic, couldn't decide so I put it here.

@Metalkon No, just a well built cheap laptop, if thats even possible

but now I have a new question instead of that one up there...
    Is this computer good? A guy who lives like 20 minutes away from my custom builds computers to they 'best ability' he can for a 'cheap budget' I didn't give him a budget yet to see what he's use to building.. These are they perks he said...

Hi Austin,

I'm not sure what your budget is but here's a very popular build that will run any game out there without any lag whatsoever, and will for many years to come. Plus this system has plenty of room for future upgrades. You can upgrade to an Intel Quad-Core processor - current games don't benefit from 4 cores, so it's not worth the extra price ($175 more for a 3.0 GHz Quad-Core) unless you run other resource demanding programs at the same time you're playing games. Cross-Fire ready, you can add a second video card to double the graphics capability. It can utilize up to 16 GB DDR3 1800 MHz (not much memory out there yet that's faster). Easy to use safe overclocking features if you get into that. Anyway, here's the details.

Motherboard -- ASUS P5Q3, 1600 FSB, DDR3 memory (up to 16 GB 1800 MHz), Cross-Fire support (two PCI-Express x16 (2.0v), six SATA 3 Gb/s, 8-channel audio, Gb LAN, Firewire, 12 usb CPU -- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale, 3.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 45nm, -- or add $175 for Intel Quad-Core Q9650, 3.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 12 MB L2 cache, 45 nm Memory -- OCZ 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) Video -- MSI Radion HD 4830, 1 GB GDDR3, Cross-Fire ready Hard Drive -- Western Digital Caviar 500 GB, 7200rpm, SATA II, 16 MB buffer -- additional (identical) hard drives $65 each (or specify your storage needs) Optical Drive -- ASUS 20x DL-DVD burner w/Nero 7 burning software -- if you copy alot of CDs/DVDs add an ASUS DVD-Rom for $20 Power Supply -- CoolMax 650 Watt ATX PSU, SLI/Cross-Fire ready, modular cabling Enclosure -- CoolerMaster Elite 330 black steel Mid-ATX case, front panel usb/audio/firewire, tool free drive bays, 120mm fan Operating System -- Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-bit, SP1 - Installed, updated, and configured with latest device drivers. You receive the hologram DVD and Certificate of Authenticity as well as component software and invoice of model/serial numbers. Additional software is available. Your system is tested to ensure all is running perfectly.
    Price: $1100 - this price includes local delivery/setup or insured standard shipping - express shipping can be arranged. Convenient payment options including PayPal checkout or credit card

If this is beyond your budget, then tell me what price range you're looking for and I can get back to you with details on the best possible configuration you can afford. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.[/b]
    Honestly, I just look at that e-mail and see 'Price: $1100--You better hope it works well '

The parts seem alright but I don't know about the price, will need someone who knows more about those parts to say if its a good price or not.

You can get an i7 build for just a bit more and it will easily be far superior.

Edit: i'l get the price check on that stuff since I have nothing to do all night being at work.

Edit2: looks like its $800-900 usd without shipping if you buy the parts online. If hes buying it all from a local store or buying it online with shipping included, then hes not earning 'too' much from you.

D4rkBP

Wow, you're the best... ily call me sometime :P

Now what is this i7 you speak of?

Wow, you're the best... ily call me sometime :P

Now what is this i7 you speak of?[/b]
    Its currently the best CPU on the market

Quad Core 2.66Ghz with Hyper Threading (Works like 8 Cores) and Turbo Mode (Auto Overclock to 3ghz), you can easily overclock this thing to 3.8-4.2Ghz for each core. Its suppose to have 40% better performance than the next best CPU by Intel and its not too expensive compared to Intel's Extreme Core 2 CPU's.

You can build a nice i7 setup for $1300 or a tad bit more.

D4rkBP

God I wish I knew more about computers >.> I am going to take a computer class next year

God I wish I knew more about computers >.> I am going to take a computer class next year[/b]
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=274898

If you need it to be cheaper than what I suggest to SuperGhost then tell me.

D4rkBP

Well do you HAVE to have an Optical Drive? I don't burn CD's at all...

Well do you HAVE to have an Optical Drive? I don't burn CD's at all...[/b]
    Thats for putting your CD's into your computer, if you play WoW still (sig) then you can't play if the disc is not in the computer. :P

Building an i7 means you will have an ass ton of power in your computer, having one of these things will last you a long time and all you gotta do over the years is upgrade the Graphic Card when it can no longer handle games that you play in the future. This computer would probably be able to run 20 clients of World of WarCraft but thats just a number that I pulled out of my ass without knowing how many you can actually run.

You could buy from NCIX and get the computer built for you at the cost of $50 or $75, or you can get him to build it for you if hes good with building computers and you trust him.

An i7 is like driving a Ferrari to the grocery store if you don't plan to do a lot with it.

ItsAllStrength

my current rig in process is
    core i7 920
    msi mobo
    3 gigs 1333 ram
    gtx 260
    liquid cooling
    cooler master centurion 590
    800 w PSU
    500 gig hdd
    home premium 64 bit

~1200

evilwevel

i'd drop the liquid cooling. remember that when something fails and you spill some water onto something electric it's bye bye whatever that thing was. you don't really need it anyway, unless you're going to overclock everything to some ridiculous values (which would still work on air cooling).

don't bother changing if it costs money to replace it with air cooling, but go for it if it saves you money.