Future Laptop

This is a discussion on Future Laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...customerreviews I like the 4GB RAM and the 320 GB Hard drive. The 17" screen is a plus as well. ...
Page: 1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...customerreviews

I like the 4GB RAM and the 320 GB Hard drive. The 17" screen is a plus as well. Im not too sure on the graphics card though (dont know much about these). So my question is, for 700$, is this a good buy?

I also would like to mention i am not looking to buy from Ebay or anything like that, nor do i have the knowledge to make my own computer! :P Suggestions are welcome

auditurbo4

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...customerreviews

I like the 4GB RAM and the 320 GB Hard drive. The 17" screen is a plus as well. Im not too sure on the graphics card though (dont know much about these). So my question is, for 700$, is this a good buy?

I also would like to mention i am not looking to buy from Ebay or anything like that, nor do i have the knowledge to make my own computer! :P Suggestions are welcome [/b]
    For the price of the laptop its not bad...Personally if you want a laptop to last you a wery long time i suggest u bump up your price range to around 800-1000. HP though makes decent laptops

evilwevel

will do fine, i have a laptop with far worse specs and it's perfect for school.

the price is really low, i know you can't really compare laptops but when i bought mine 2 years ago i paid about $150 more for a far worse laptop

Banned Senior Member

it's a decent combo, your video card is also an integrated ATI card, it's better then intergrated graphics, but a dedicated card would still be better ( and you should be able to add one down the road ) but for $700 it's not that bad. Kinda like my laptop but I went for a little more power h34r:

HP + 1 year warranty = hardware issues 2 days after warranty is over (personal experiences)...
    I'd buy something with atleast 2 years of warranty and not HP Pavilion series laptops

Banned

sorry to say you but this laptop is really really BAD...

In my country for this price u can get a Intel Core Duo 2 at 2 Ghz ( and it is way better then a crap AMD turion) and a graphic card such Nvidia 9500m GS that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then this crap ati radeon...

Try find some Acer, this brand is cheaper then HP and are very good anyway... And believe me get a combo Intel + Nvidia and you will say thx to me for the rest of your life.

Amd & Ati in the last 2 years has released only CRAP ! remember that at the same price of components Intel always win on AMD as Nvidia do on ATI.

http://compraonline.mediaworld.it/webapp/w...ategory_rn=1504

check it... It is a LOT better then your and it is only 750 usd !!!! dual core duo Intel at 2 ghz, 3mb of L2 cache and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512MB aga u can run crysis or GTA 4 with that gpu

Banned

sorry to say you but this laptop is really really BAD...

In my country for this price u can get a Intel Core Duo 2 at 2 Ghz ( and it is way better then a crap AMD turion) and a graphic card such Nvidia 9500m GS that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then this crap ati radeon...
    Try find some Acer, this brand is cheaper then HP and are very good anyway... And believe me get a combo Intel + Nvidia and you will say thx to me for the rest of your life.
    Amd & Ati in the last 2 years has released only CRAP ! remember that at the same price of components Intel always win on AMD as Nvidia do on ATI.

http://compraonline.mediaworld.it/webapp/w...ategory_rn=1504
    check it... It is a LOT better then your and it is only 750 usd !!!! dual core duo Intel at 2 ghz, 3mb of L2 cache and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512MB aga u can run crysis or GTA 4 with that gpu [/b]
    acer is crap bro.

Banned

acer is crap bro.[/b]
    had 2 acer and never had problems...While friends with HP or Dell had... All depend on how u keep your laptop, brand mean almost nothing, the components do the difference