Game Cam And Fraps

This is a discussion on Game Cam And Fraps within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need help on what to buy for my comp, Lookin for somthin around $100 but preatty good, i have ...
Page: 1

darkrouge4040

I need help on what to buy for my comp, Lookin for somthin around $100 but preatty good, i have like a 512 and 248 ddr 2 cards should i get more or go with a new video card? please leave ur comments, oh and gamecam and fraps lag so bad ko gos on like 1 fps when im playin it

Leave ur comments

psychichigh

KO uses up a lot of CPU power. Using Fraps or Gamecam on top of that, just uses even more of your CPU power.

I recommend you get a faster CPU. Though it may be more than just $100 at the prices of these days :S

So best you could do is just keep saving up for a new computer, or just go with something just... decent, not the best but not the worst.

darkrouge4040

k ty, any other opinions?

darkrouge4040

up, this computer guy said it would be better ti get a new video card, rather then a new cpu/motherboard...

psychichigh

Video card generally do help with games, but KO is one of the instances where the video card wont help. Upgraded from a GeForce 6600 GT to a GeForce 7950 GTX and there was literally no difference in how KO ran.

But if the computer guy says it will help with KO, then I guess he must be right :P

lol dunno i had prob to fraps with my pc bought a new graphic card now im fine upgrade from geforce 6200tc to ati 1600 pro so i would say graphic card help alot :P

psychichigh

Hmm, could be that I'm on 64bit so fraps just runs like crap anyways on this system B)

vynzt

and one more thing if u want to your pc runs better put 2 or more same RAM's with same memory, company etc

i know some friends that fixed rams with companys, and he had magic pc starting while he's sleeping, and much rebooting

Check for yourself in task manager, and yes KO does really take a lot of CPU pwer :S