Dell Laptop for Knight Online?

This is a discussion on Dell Laptop for Knight Online? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What I Need: * A Laptop that can easily run Knight Online while running fraps without lag. * Wireless (I ...
Page: 1

What I Need:
    * A Laptop that can easily run Knight Online while running fraps without lag.
    * Wireless (I can't use the internet at work, its too slow and I live 20min away)
    * Not too expensive (Its only for knight online and any other games)

[spoiler]-----------------------[/spoiler]

Also, anybody know where to get something like this? Does not have to be from dell.
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...09111200AA40Rrr

Well i have a Dell inspiron 6400 with a graphic card Nvidea x1400 and it runs very nice while i play ko... I am an assasin and while i am minoring i dont have lag or anything like that

Vocah

im playing KO on ibm t41 with 1gb ram ...

007_heal

Dell like every other computer company has a large variety. You can choose any type of laptop in any budget range. However i think for you a Studio 15 will be good. The key option for you to get is the extra video card. The base X3100 is garbage as i have one and it cant even run KO properly. Even if you upgrade your graphic card it will be hard for your laptop to play KO and run fraps, as the graphic cards are not the same as the desktop versions.

I am thinking about going for the XPS 1530 depending on what it can run in terms of newer games, or il go back to a cheap KO laptop option.

Its basicly $1 each day for 4 years.

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config...mp;OC=NX15_F_2E

I don't know what specs that I will need for what I want, all of the games that I want to play are not out yet and I am only familiar with newer technology and KO is fairly old.

I have a xps 1530
    works fine with ko
    Dont know about newer games tho

Always liked dell, especially the lifetime phonesupport for my other pc =)

Just one thing.... SAY NO TO WINDOWS VISTA... IT SUCKS!

i bought a really sweet gaming laptop from gateway at a really low price, but it has vista and it makes me want to kill myself

I have a xps 1530
    works fine with ko
    Dont know about newer games tho

Always liked dell, especially the lifetime phonesupport for my other pc =)[/b]
    Its more than enough for KO, but it would have to be able to run new games to be worth buying. :P

If it can run games that are big like what StarCraft 2 will be then sure.

007_heal

Again laptops are not meant for gaming. Even the best laptop graphic cards cant handle the newer games.

Which is why i'm building a bad ass desktop also, I already started buying desktop parts. :P

I just want a laptop that can run KO perfectly fine and with fraps running at the same time, I don't know what specs that I will need since my current desktop lags without fraps on and it has more than what the system specs require for KO.

Current Desktop (Old One that i'm replacing)

Dell Dimension 3000
    Intel Celeron 2.4ghz (Thats 1 Core)
    512mb ram
    64mb Integrated Gfx
    37Gb HD

I'm gonna have a desktop equipped with an i7 cpu, and a laptop to bring to work for KO and other old games with wireless fun. I litterally do hardly anything at work, I just sit in my trailer for 11 hours trying to stay awake by using the old computer and walk around for 1 hour(20min every few hrs). h34r:

well i got a 1530 from dell also like last yr its great and plays ko fine

but i would always advise a desktop thats why i brought a new desktop this yr from dell.

and one thing if you are buying from dell i would customize it how u want it because pre-manufactured computers come with all the basics it will cost a bit more but its worth it.

btw both pc are vista and work great

Read/skim through the topic first! :lol:

Banned

i have a Acer Aspire 5720ZG with 3gb of RAM, HD of 250gb, dual Core Duo Intel @ 2,2 Ghz, Nvidia 9500m GS with 512mb.. (Vista 32bit)

Is a notebook that worth about 700 euro now and i can play with it every games, KO had about 35 fps in moradon with a sh1tload of people merchanting while in CZ i had all time from 60 to 120 fps...

I can run Crysis at high setting (not very high) at 1280x800 without problems and Crysis is 1 of the harder games as computer resource

i have a Acer Aspire 5720ZG with 3gb of RAM, HD of 250gb, dual Core Duo Intel @ 2,2 Ghz, Nvidia 9500m GS with 512mb.. (Vista 32bit)

Is a notebook that worth about 700 euro now and i can play with it every games, KO had about 35 fps in moradon with a sh1tload of people merchanting while in CZ i had all time from 60 to 120 fps...

I can run Crysis at high setting (not very high) at 1280x800 without problems and Crysis is 1 of the harder games as computer resource[/b]
    Do they offer monthly payment plans like dell?

Nothing Credit Card Related.