Need help with mic

This is a discussion on Need help with mic within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well this isnt really about KO game and stuff but this problems been going on for ages. Basically.... I have ...
Page: 1

Fear_Less

Well this isnt really about KO game and stuff but this problems been going on for ages.

Basically....

I have a Dell Dimension E521 computer. I bought a mic/headset and i plugged it in the back. The colors are matching and both plugged in. For some reason i can talk out but i cant hear anything through the headphones. The mic has worked on every computer i have in my house.

I have downloaded all the drivers for the SigmaTel audio and nothing. Anyone have any idea? It wuld be a great help if i can fix it. I have reasearched google to see if any other dell users have had this problem and nothing :S

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

It might not be wired up right on the inside... wouldn't be the first time Dell have done this to someone!

Get a techie friend to open up the case and check the wiring for you. Make sure you have the motherboard manual to hand. You can usually download these if you don't have it still with the box.

Other possibility is that if it has front mic/headphone socket as well, that only one set it wired up.