game wont load, details inside..

This is a discussion on game wont load, details inside.. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i get this error msg when i load up KO.. thing i just installed KO today, updated everything and used ...
Page: 1

jakesean

i get this error msg when i load up KO..

thing i just installed KO today, updated everything and used the fastloading.zip to merge the files.. this happened, so i re-installed KO AGAIN, and its still the same..

anyone knows the fix to this? i remember its somewhere, tried searching the forum but no appropriate solutions appeared.. need some help here..

thanks!

jakesean

anyone?

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

This usually happens to me when I'm running multiple programs that drain my RAM and with KO running RAM goes crazy and says " I had enough " and program crashes.

PS. When you uninstall KO, it doesn't delete fast loading patch from Knight Online Folder. You must manually delete Knight Online Folder from Program Files to get rid of Fast Loading then try that way.

jakesean

This usually happens to me when I'm running multiple programs that drain my RAM and with KO running RAM goes crazy and says " I had enough " and program crashes.

PS. When you uninstall KO, it doesn't delete fast loading patch from Knight Online Folder. You must manually delete Knight Online Folder from Program Files to get rid of Fast Loading then try that way.[/b]
    already tried.. still not working.. i think i've reinstalled KO like 5 times already.. lol.. and still nothing works out.. :huh: :huh: :huh: ..

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

How far into loading does the game get before this message pops up?

a) Launcher
    B) Xtrap update
    c) Xtrap loaded
    d) login screen
    e) server selection
    f) character select
    g) loading game files + data
    h) loaded into the game

That should help us think up solutions

(Always the classic "video drivers up to date?" suggestion)

jakesean

How far into loading does the game get before this message pops up?

a) Launcher
    B) Xtrap update
    c) Xtrap loaded
    d) login screen
    e) server selection
    f) character select
    g) loading game files + data
    h) loaded into the game

That should help us think up solutions

(Always the classic "video drivers up to date?" suggestion)[/b]
    as far as the launcher goes.. client wont even load, therefore no xtrap no nothing.. using omega drivers, and they're up to date.. duno wats up with my comp.. :s .. couldnt be the video drivers i think..

i even tried reinstalling windows, nothing happens.. still the same.. :s

this is wat i got from CS..

Hail, xxxx!

Thank you for contacting Knight Online Customer Support, we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Any updates regarding the resolution of this issue will be posted on the official Knight Online Website at : www.knightonlineworld.com. Unfortunately, I will not be able to assist you further at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

CSR Vanthiella
    Knight Online Customer Support Team
    www.knightonlineworld.com
    www.gamersfirst.com[/b]

which doesnt really help at all..

i haev a feeling that it has got something to do with the intel core duo processor.. can that be it??

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

*looks at the Intel Centrino Duo sticker on his PC*... don't think that is the problem :P

So the launcher loads, then when you click the start game button it crashes.

I'm assuming you're running XP... These insturctions might not be quite right if you are on Vista.

Firstly, let's try skipping the launcher, see if that helps:

Step One - Skip the launcher
    Make a shortcut to c:\program files\knight online\knightonline.exe

Right click the shortcut and select Properties.

In the Target box, go to the end of the line in there which should end KnightOnline.exe" and add to the end a space followed by USA_KnightOnline

Ok the properties, then try running that.

Step Two - Compatability mode
    Go to c:\program files\knight online\

Right click KnightOnline.exe and select properties

Switch to the compatability tab

Tick the use compatability box and select Windows 2000 from the dropdown.

Press OK, then re-run the launcher or the shortcut from Step One.

Step Three - DEP
    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System

Select the Advanced tab, and click the Performance Options button

Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab

Ensure that it is selected as "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

Press OK, OK, then try running KO again.

jakesean

*looks at the Intel Centrino Duo sticker on his PC*... don't think that is the problem :P

So the launcher loads, then when you click the start game button it crashes.

I'm assuming you're running XP... These insturctions might not be quite right if you are on Vista.

Firstly, let's try skipping the launcher, see if that helps:

Step One - Skip the launcher
    Make a shortcut to c:\program files\knight online\knightonline.exe

Right click the shortcut and select Properties.

In the Target box, go to the end of the line in there which should end KnightOnline.exe" and add to the end a space followed by USA_KnightOnline

Ok the properties, then try running that.

Step Two - Compatability mode
    Go to c:\program files\knight online\

Right click KnightOnline.exe and select properties

Switch to the compatability tab

Tick the use compatability box and select Windows 2000 from the dropdown.

Press OK, then re-run the launcher or the shortcut from Step One.

Step Three - DEP
    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System

Select the Advanced tab, and click the Performance Options button

Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab

Ensure that it is selected as "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

Press OK, OK, then try running KO again.[/b]
    tried step 1, 2, and 3 a few days ago, after doing some googling and found out the possibilities of a solution.... and i even modified my registries manually for step 3.. i even turned off DEP... no difference, still crashes.. lol.. what ideas do u still have in mind? really appreciate ur time helping me out man...

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Only other things which spring to mind would be to replace knightonline.exe with one from a TRUSTED friend. Possibly it got screwed during a patch?

Is there any other file mentioned in the error message or just knightonline.exe?

You could try manually downloading patches in REVERSE order until you find one with a replacement knightonline.exe in and extracting ONLY that file. That might just leave you needing to reinstall KO though.

jakesean

Only other things which spring to mind would be to replace knightonline.exe with one from a TRUSTED friend. Possibly it got screwed during a patch?

Is there any other file mentioned in the error message or just knightonline.exe?

You could try manually downloading patches in REVERSE order until you find one with a replacement knightonline.exe in and extracting ONLY that file. That might just leave you needing to reinstall KO though.[/b]
    i patched my KO manually, like all of them from 1506 to 1526.. i also tried replacing the knightonline.exe file only from the latest patch, and got 1 from a friend.. nothing happened.. so i guess its got to do with my settings somewhere, just duno wats the problem....