Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

getting better my computer

This is a discussion on getting better my computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; it all depends on what ram you use (ddr, ddr2,ddr3) at what frequency you want them (667 mhz, 800mhz) and ...
Page: 2

evilwevel

it all depends on what ram you use (ddr, ddr2,ddr3) at what frequency you want them (667 mhz, 800mhz) and ofcourse what brand you choose.

but yeah, there are 2GB modules to go into one slot.

the cheapest i could find over here was about 40 euros for 2GB of ram, so that about $60

booja03

trust me u will get better performance if u use 2 sticks of the same size rather than 2 of different size, u get dual channel instead of single channel, and DDR2 is pretty cheap nowadays, so go for that =]

NaidenZ

so If I buy x2 rams of 2gb each one ? XD

I've heard 3gb is allowed only or smt like that ! >_>

so If I buy x2 rams of 2gb each one ? XD

I've heard 3gb is allowed only or smt like that ! >_>[/b]
    depends how much your motherboard supports

evilwevel

and your OS, windows xp is 32 bit most of the time, so the maximum ammount of ram it can use is 3.2 GB. (more won't harm you, but it won't make any diffrence)

might as well get 2 gig ram extra since windows can only use 3 gig so[/b]
    windows xp can only use 2 gigs

NaidenZ

windows xp can only use 2 gigs[/b]
    really ?
    O.O

maybe this might helps too. :X

a guy told me its because i dont have my drivers, seems like its true but idk where i can get them >_>

well In Canada you can buy a very good cumputer for 400 Euro's (since its 550 CAD)

You can buy a dual core 2.5GHz with 3 Go RAM and a pretty good graphic card (desktop)

BTW you can have your drivers by calling microsoft or your cumputer company...and you're supposed to have your Drivers CD's when you buy a cumputer so make a search on your old boxes if you could find your Cumputer Box

NaidenZ

well In Canada you can buy a very good cumputer for 400 Euro's (since its 550 CAD)

You can buy a dual core 2.5GHz with 3 Go RAM and a pretty good graphic card (desktop)

BTW you can have your drivers by calling microsoft or your cumputer company...and you're supposed to have your Drivers CD's when you buy a cumputer so make a search on your old boxes if you could find your Cumputer Box[/b]
    did, found my computer box but nothing there idk where are my cd with my drivers,

but seems like i&#39;ll have to call them tomorrow >_< bcz a guy told me those drivers helps alot for my computer

and don&#39;t buy something cheap , get kingstone ram or corsair pls

Volcanic

Ok.
    Firstly, lower your gaming resolution via KO option to 1024x768 for now. The larger the res, the harder your video card/processor is working.
    2 gigs of RAM is plenty for win XP, and it`s overkill if you only use your comp for KO(and value RAM is fine unless you`re an overclocker).
    What type of video card do you have? AGP or PCI express? If your card is AGP then your gonna have to budget for a new one.
    Also what type of HDD do you have? IDE or SATA? If its IDE then again, you`ll need to budget for that too.
    What you can re use for now though is your processor, as its socket 775(dual core is massively superior though).

Get the best mobo you can afford, as its like the bread for you sandwich. Its useless having parma ham if your using tescos value bread(ECS nForce 570 SLI-T-A LGA775 is ok for the money), also, get the largest HDD you can afford(unless you budget is swallowed by a new video card), and depending on what you`ve got left, get either a 1gig stick(add another later when you have more spare cash) or a 2x 1gig kit. Assuming your card is AGP, you`ll have to get a cheap and cheerful card(7600gt springs to mind).
    Adding a new PSU will help too(as electric is expensive and an ongoing cost).
    Finally, when funds allow, buy a dual core processor. E2*** will be fine for a few years, as only CRYSIS and a couple of other applications can utilise Quad cores

NaidenZ

going to buy x2 memory rams of 1gb each one :X

this is my computer btw

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...ectID=c00719363

min 2gb RAM,good processor...Dual-Quad 2.14 or more is really nice..also remember get good graphics card/video card....Don&#39;t get Vista.That should be it :P

evilwevel

especially the don&#39;t get vista part.

vista and games aren&#39;t a good match.

hej

Why in hell buy compaq, dell, hp and shit like that, you never get what you want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast