getting warnings on a virus that isnt in my computer

This is a discussion on getting warnings on a virus that isnt in my computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i've been receiving notifications from NOD32 that i have a trojan and have an option to remove it. nothing wierd ...
Page: 1

didinino

i've been receiving notifications from NOD32 that i have a trojan and have an option to remove it.
    nothing wierd with that, but the problem is that the trojan location is happen to be a http address
    normally when a virus is found it is being removed from the computer (like always) but this thing pops up all the time and i have no idea how to stop it.
    i've searched google and it only gave me the fact that my NOD is updated with this virus signature or something and it blocks it when it tries to do something.

the address starts with 64.92.165.162 and i went there and saw a freakin normal web page with i dont know what.
    then i went to /classes3 and it requested id/pass to login it.

the virus location is inside this thing i dont want any1 to get infected with it so i wont publish it, but the trojan's name is :

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.NZE

it once found a file in my comp with it and blocked it even before it poped up with the msg (msg was like "we blocked it, press close").

i would LOVE if some1 give me a hand there, i cant get rid of this shit :S.

P.s.
    i dl adaware after spybot didnt catch it, although it founded a DLL file on my comp that always re-create itself somehow (i didnt find what file is doing that). i'll run adaware later on.

i dont know if those 2 have any connection with each other.

theprodigy

i see you dont know what a trojan is.
    it sends data over the internet like ur email.
    has ur internet been slow latley? if it has you do have 1.
    if not it can be a program sending information like a trojan.
    ive had games do that kind of shit that i downloaded from the sourse.
    if that case just ignore it.
    since it is in windows32 i think ur fucked.
    there is a couple free things out there that work decent ill try 2 find them
    but i cant b sure.

didinino

well i do know what a trojan is, and i can say after i ran ad aware it stopped somehow.
    i also blocked that ip from my hosts file so maybe i just killed every possible way for that trojan to get into my comp.

i'll see if i have that warning again.

thx though mate.

sgtkoss99

well if you have a dell you might have system restore. its in start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore. This pretty much rolls back your computer so they trojan or w/e it is wont be able to run correctly. If this doesn't work you could always try reformatting but that should be your last choice.

Banned

well if you have a dell you might have system restore. its in start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore. This pretty much rolls back your computer so they trojan or w/e it is wont be able to run correctly. If this doesn't work you could always try reformatting but that should be your last choice.[/b]
    All windows XP/Vista installs have System Restore.

However, a lot of the time, this doesn't remove a trojan/virus/crapware, so if it persists, a format is the easiest way of getting rid of it.

didinino

nice joke, very nice xD
    when ever i format a comp i ALLWAYS make sure that shit is turned off.

if u restore it to a point where u had any kind of virus, that virus is back.

and i allways find malware on his folder at random comps of my friends..

btw i had some more shits on my comp and i already planned on formating it so i made a big backup and fixed it all up..
    about that virus it was so annoying and after google didnt give me a WORKING fix for it ( all just said 'u can remove this file safely' and it just rewrite itself 5 min after) i decided that format will be quickest and best way to solve that problem.

p.s.
    alot of ppl say that format is a way to "run away" from problems. but think again, 3 hours on finding solution in comparison to 1 hour of format+install all the rest.

i think format is much better on those cases.

thx 4 help anyway.

sgtkoss99

I dont like formatting cuz I have problems reinstalling my video drivers and such still haven't successfuly installed my video and modem drivers after i got my new hard drive.