Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

is this a good idea ?

This is a discussion on is this a good idea ? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (jealousy aq!!!) me cant get quad me go army pic aq! thats what i was about to say, ur ...
Page: 2

didinino

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (jealousy aq!!!)

me cant get quad me go army pic aq!

thats what i was about to say, ur cpu is just not worth all the upgrades but i see u did the right move so .... have fun nigga
    btw add the ram to 2 GB, ask for dual 1GB ram, and please make it 800/1600 HZ and not 667 (or 677 :|).
    the 1 GB ram is very cheap these days.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Good pick up Captain - this is the most important bit to note in the thread -
    32 Bit XP can only address 3Gb of RAM in a single memory space.

64 bit XP / Vista can address more. (not sure what the limit for x64/Vista is... probably something crazy like 4Tb)

evilwevel

Good pick up Captain - this is the most important bit to note in the thread -
    32 Bit XP can only address 3Gb of RAM in a single memory space.

64 bit XP / Vista can address more. (not sure what the limit for x64/Vista is... probably something crazy like 4Tb)[/b]
    32 bit = 3.2 GIG
    64 bit = 6.4 GIG

that's what i've been told.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

32 bit = 3.2 GIG
    64 bit = 6.4 GIG

that's what i've been told.[/b]
    Not correct... the 3 gig limit is because of the maximum memory address that can be expressed in a 32 bit number. A 64 bit number gives you a fuck load more than double... (A 33 bit number gives you double)

Memory limitations of 64bit is 17.179.869.184GB (17 billion GB) or 16EB which is an unimaginable number, at least for now..
    The doubling of bit system doesnt means doubling of size aswell, 64 bit means 2^64 (2 x 2 64 times), while 32 bit is only 2^32. U can try type it in ur windows calculator: 2 -> x^y -> 32 -> = and then it gives 4.294.967.296. And 2^64 would give u 18.446.744.073.709.551.616. Thats the exact byte amount u get.

Thats why jumping from 32bit to 64bit system is a great improvement, the super computers were running with 64bit system long time ago.

evilwevel

hehe so i was horrably wrong :lol:

ah well, i still have XP running, so i'm fine with my 4 GIG.

mezcalaman

this is my compute
    [/b]
    where did you go to see all the cpu info and such ? ^^ id like to see mines info

evilwevel

free everest home edition.

google it, it's the best (and smallest) program to see everything thats in your computer.

Banned

he used CPU-Z to see it all. I would download Everest, look for a torrent for the Ultimate version if ya want :P

Its a effective program, u can see all computer specs, down to the tiniest detail. It can also help u find new drivers and alot of other stuff.. u can also check how hot different parts in your computer gets, if u got sencors on the different things heh =p

32Bit OS can only show/use 3.250mb Ram, so you would need a 64 bit os to use 4gb ram if you buy that.. And i'd recommend that you buy INTEL, because AMD just simply sucks and they cant catch up with Intels performance.

Intel Quad Core Q6600 is one of the best cpu's on the market for its price class. Theres just only 1 game out atm that supports quad core technology and thats Crysis. I got a Q6600 myself :P with 1x 8800GT atm, and i play Gears of War in 1600x1200 with everything on Ultra high without any kind of problem.

P.S i dont know if any1 else mentioned the part bout 32bit system only being able to show 3.250mb ram, didnt bother to read all the replies :P

But if your going to buy a new comp i'd recommend

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600
    GFX: Asus 8800GT 512mb (the 1 that aint Oc'd when you buy it)
    RAM: Corsair Twin2X CL4 1024mb x4

NaidenZ

after buy few things

this is my computer updated xD

FRAMES PER SECOND with GunCam

1280x1024 on KO
    1280x1024 set on guncam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12