Graphic card problems, fps, screen freezing, crashes.

This is a discussion on Graphic card problems, fps, screen freezing, crashes. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Right so im using a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 Le. Its been fine untill the last few months. Recently whilst playing ...
Page: 1

Boyce

Right so im using a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 Le.
    Its been fine untill the last few months. Recently whilst playing WoW/ Ko im having problems.
    In Ko things such as the floor is missing, everything is white, extreme fps lag, character hardly being able to move.
    In WoW, again and mainly just extreme fps lag, sometimes the floor disappears, the screen freezes making me have to alt tab out slowly then back in to fix it, and game crashes after a screen freeze, sometimes causing the blue screen of death. Yeah its sucks. Is there something i can do? My settings are low. But what about updating drivers etc?
    Thanks in advance.

mjollner

download the latest drivers, if that doesnt work reinstall ko, could also be a directX issue, so make sure your up to date there as well

Boyce

How do i download the lastest drivers? I tried earlier but it was a lot of programs that required buying

Vicious

tell us the brand of your video card, and you can download latest directx from here;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Your Grapics card may be fucked up also bro. This is a very similar issue i had. You couldn't play ko for long hours compared to before right? you would get dced sometimes after like 1 hour or something? sometimes maybe even have blue screens? I got it. Then it came to this point. Literally every 20min i would go idle from the computer, i would get a blue screen and the computer would attempt to restart. I was never sure how to fix it, so we just cleaned the computer with some software and it deleted some bugs. If you would like, i can ask a buddy of mines, what he did to the pc to fix the error, because since then we haven't had the problem again.

Boyce

Your Grapics card may be fucked up also bro. This is a very similar issue i had. You couldn't play ko for long hours compared to before right? you would get dced sometimes after like 1 hour or something? sometimes maybe even have blue screens? I got it. Then it came to this point. Literally every 20min i would go idle from the computer, i would get a blue screen and the computer would attempt to restart. I was never sure how to fix it, so we just cleaned the computer with some software and it deleted some bugs. If you would like, i can ask a buddy of mines, what he did to the pc to fix the error, because since then we haven't had the problem again.[/b]
    Not really actually. It had always been fine whilst playing ko. Only when i got to a certain city in WoW that it fucked up. Apparently a lot of people have graphic problems there. But yeah i think it has fucked it up.

Thanks for that link btw, i will check it out.

mjollner

How do i download the lastest drivers? I tried earlier but it was a lot of programs that required buying[/b]
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    should have the drivers for your card

Boyce

Following on that link, i have no idea what series my card is!

sexyrexy

iff you have a 7300

then its 7 series

evilwevel

and check the inside of your computer case aswell.

i went to help a friend of me who was getting about 60 fps max in counter strike source with drops to 30 fps after playing for 5 mins. it turned out that there was so many dust on the cooling fins that the fan on top of his cpu just couldn't cool the cpu wich lead to his fps drop (built in security, if a cpu gets to hot, it starts to work slower).

so check all of your fans for dust aswell, it's an easy fix :lol: (his fps went from 30-60 back to the normal 120-240)

i went to help a friend of me who was getting about 60 fps max in counter strike source with drops to 30 fps after playing for 5 mins. it turned out that there was so many dust on the cooling fins that the fan on top of his cpu just couldn't cool the cpu wich lead to his fps drop (built in security, if a cpu gets to hot, it starts to work slower).

so check all of your fans for dust aswell, it's an easy fix :lol: (his fps went from 30-60 back to the normal 120-240)[/b]
    dear god, someone that knows about computers here as well.

Also, I would recommend that any fan's didnt burn out actually :P as well.

if it continues after all this, I would just recommend to format your pc and start a-new, It always speeds up my pc greatly when I do

Boyce

iff you have a 7300

then its 7 series[/b]
    Ok thanks.

so check all of your fans for dust aswell, it's an easy fix :lol: (his fps went from 30-60 back to the normal 120-240)[/b]
    no idea how to do that, ill try this first
    Thanks for replies guys